17. Natural Strategies for Depression
Depression is a global epidemic. The number of people living with depression rose to 322 million people in 2015, an 18% increase from just 10 years earlier. Too often antidepressant medications don’t work and have awful side effects that add additional problems to people’s depression. Thankfully, simple, integrative strategies people are effective at reversing depression without medications’ side effects.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:00] Understanding antidepressant medication and is it the right approach for you
- [04:00] How effective are antidepressants
- [06:55] Natural approaches to improving your mood
- [10:30] Two techniques that can help motivate you to workout
- [14:00] How yoga can help people struggling with anxiety and depression
- [16:30] The connection between nutrition and depression
- [22:20] How nutrient deficiencies can be an underlying cause of depression
- [26:55] Thyroid deficiencies is a common cause of depression
Resources talked about in this episode
- Blog mentioned – 5 Simple Ways to Work Exercise into Your Life.
- Blog mentioned – Dr. Neustadt’s 3 Steps to Eating Healthy for Life.
- Blog mentioned – The Most Important Lab Tests Women Aren’t Getting
Visit our social media for more information
The shocking and untimely death of actor Chadwick Boseman from colon cancer at 43 years old has shone a spotlight on the importance of screening and treatment.
Coiled up in each of us is approximately 30 feet of intestines. This tube is technically outside of our bodies, and for us to be able to use the nutrients we eat our GI tract must be able to digest and absorb them.
Dr. Alschuler, ND and a Fellow by the American Board of Naturopathic Oncology (FABNO) is a Professor of Clinical Medicine at the University of Arizona