17. Natural Strategies for Depression
Depression is a global epidemic. The number of people living with depression rose to 322 million people in 2015, an 18% increase from just 10 years earlier. Too often antidepressant medications don’t work and have awful side effects that add additional problems to people’s depression. Thankfully, simple, integrative strategies people are effective at reversing depression without medications’ side effects.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:00] Understanding antidepressant medication and is it the right approach for you
- [04:00] How effective are antidepressants
- [06:55] Natural approaches to improving your mood
- [10:30] Two techniques that can help motivate you to workout
- [14:00] How yoga can help people struggling with anxiety and depression
- [16:30] The connection between nutrition and depression
- [22:20] How nutrient deficiencies can be an underlying cause of depression
- [26:55] Thyroid deficiencies is a common cause of depression
Resources talked about in this episode
- Blog mentioned – 5 Simple Ways to Work Exercise into Your Life.
- Blog mentioned – Dr. Neustadt’s 3 Steps to Eating Healthy for Life.
- Blog mentioned – The Most Important Lab Tests Women Aren’t Getting
Visit our social media for more information
Since finances are one of life’s major stressors and a common reason for arguments in a marriage, then who better to talk to about juggling finances in the real world than two working moms and entrepreneurs. Amanda Kessler and Lara Ford are on a mission to help other women achieve financial success and independence. As they describe it, they made it to their 40s with their heads planted firmly in the sand and didn’t have a clue regarding finances, until a few key conversations with friends changed the trajectories of their financial lives. And hopefully, today’s episode will help change the trajectory of yours as well.
A Tufts University Study has clarified that 66% of all COVID-19 hospitalizations are due to just four underlying medical conditions. And all of them are the result of long-term poor diet and lifestyle choices. Today I talk about those four conditions, the four things you can do to stop and start reversing them to reduce your risk.
This past year people’s stress has been off the charts, with devastating consequences: insomnia, decreased immunity, infertility, irritability, emotional eating, weight gain, and depression. Dr. Doni Wilson is a naturopathic doctor, certified professional midwife, and certified nutrition specialist believes it is possible to be healthy, even when we’re stressed. In the process of solving her own problem of suffering from migraines for 25 years, Dr. Doni developed her Stress Recovery Protocol™ which identifies how stress uniquely affects each individual and then uses epigenetics to reoptimize health. Her unique approach helps patients reverse challenging health conditions including fatigue, anxiety, autoimmunity, fertility and recurrent miscarriages, insomnia, as well as HPV infections, and abnormal pap smears.