17. Natural Strategies for Depression
Depression is a global epidemic. The number of people living with depression rose to 322 million people in 2015, an 18% increase from just 10 years earlier. Too often antidepressant medications don’t work and have awful side effects that add additional problems to people’s depression. Thankfully, simple, integrative strategies people are effective at reversing depression without medications’ side effects.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:00] Understanding antidepressant medication and is it the right approach for you
- [04:00] How effective are antidepressants
- [06:55] Natural approaches to improving your mood
- [10:30] Two techniques that can help motivate you to workout
- [14:00] How yoga can help people struggling with anxiety and depression
- [16:30] The connection between nutrition and depression
- [22:20] How nutrient deficiencies can be an underlying cause of depression
- [26:55] Thyroid deficiencies is a common cause of depression
Resources talked about in this episode
- Blog mentioned – 5 Simple Ways to Work Exercise into Your Life.
- Blog mentioned – Dr. Neustadt’s 3 Steps to Eating Healthy for Life.
- Blog mentioned – The Most Important Lab Tests Women Aren’t Getting
Visit our social media for more information
When it comes to health, we’re our own worst enemies. Whether it’s regularly exercising, eating healthy, making that doctor’s appointment you’ve been putting off, creating the changes necessary to reduce your stress and make you happier, we all know how life can get in the way.
Robert Richman is one of the world’s foremost experts in helping people create transformative growth in their lives and helping companies create cultures that unleash the power and potential of its employees.
Exercise is nature’s Prozac. It releases feel-good chemicals that lift mood but also reduces your risk for all sorts of nasty diseases—heart disease, Alzheimer’s, osteoporosis, diabetes.