24. Depression with Dr. Peter Bongiorno
Dr. Peter Bongiorno’s mission is to improve everyone’s mood by enlightening the practice of mental health. Dr. Peter helps you understand what you can do to lift your mood and beat depression using natural approaches. He received his medical degree at Bastyr University after researching mental health at the National Institutes of Health. Dr. Peter has thriving New York clinics and has authored numerous books to teach both physicians and patients how to use natural care for mental illness.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:30] How the pandemic and economic downturn are affecting people with depression
- [02:45] Dr. Bongiorno’s approach to helping his patients
- [05:00] How Dr. Bongiorno evaluates patients
- [06:40] Should you get your neurotransmitters tested?
- [07:45] The most common underlying causes of depression?
- [09:00] Is your gut affecting your mental health?
- [11:00] Tips for improving mental health
- [14:00] How a naturopathic physician can help someone taking antidepressant medication
- [15:45] How fish oil can help someone struggling with depression
- [17:30] Other nutrients that can be useful for someone struggling with depression
- [19:30] Why it’s important to take a serum ferritin test
- [23:40] The best diet to prevent and treat anxiety and depression
- [28:30] How environmental exposure can influence the way we feel
- [33:30] Dr. Bongiorno’s parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
Visit our social media for more information
Since finances are one of life’s major stressors and a common reason for arguments in a marriage, then who better to talk to about juggling finances in the real world than two working moms and entrepreneurs. Amanda Kessler and Lara Ford are on a mission to help other women achieve financial success and independence. As they describe it, they made it to their 40s with their heads planted firmly in the sand and didn’t have a clue regarding finances, until a few key conversations with friends changed the trajectories of their financial lives. And hopefully, today’s episode will help change the trajectory of yours as well.
A Tufts University Study has clarified that 66% of all COVID-19 hospitalizations are due to just four underlying medical conditions. And all of them are the result of long-term poor diet and lifestyle choices. Today I talk about those four conditions, the four things you can do to stop and start reversing them to reduce your risk.
This past year people’s stress has been off the charts, with devastating consequences: insomnia, decreased immunity, infertility, irritability, emotional eating, weight gain, and depression. Dr. Doni Wilson is a naturopathic doctor, certified professional midwife, and certified nutrition specialist believes it is possible to be healthy, even when we’re stressed. In the process of solving her own problem of suffering from migraines for 25 years, Dr. Doni developed her Stress Recovery Protocol™ which identifies how stress uniquely affects each individual and then uses epigenetics to reoptimize health. Her unique approach helps patients reverse challenging health conditions including fatigue, anxiety, autoimmunity, fertility and recurrent miscarriages, insomnia, as well as HPV infections, and abnormal pap smears.