34. Aging for the Long Haul with Dr. Hillary Lampers
Dr. Hillary Lampers is an ND with practices in both Montana and Washington. With a BS in Nutrition and doctorate from Bastyr University, she began her journey in the field of cranial medicine and traditional osteopathy and is one of the very few NeuroCranial Restructuring practitioners in the country. In practice, for 14 years her areas of interest include structural integrity, nutrition, cognitive health, hormone health for longevity, and anti-aging procedures such as PRP and NCR. She is the host of the Hunt Harvest Health Podcast, co-creator of StHealthy Hunter – a lifestyle brand- and creator of StHealthy Nutrition CBD. The mission of these brands is to help others live a more sustainable life through naturopathic principles, gardening, hunting, and the support of the community.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:40] How Dr. Lampers became an ND where the brand sthealthyhunter came from
- [05:45] What is NCR
- [12:00] How Dr. Lampers is aging for the long haul
- [16:15] Why Dr. Lampers and her husband started their podcast
- [19:15] The importance of providing basic medical information to the average person
- [22:30] How Dr. Lampers and her husband simplified their life and how it relates to aging for the long haul
- [26:14] The benefits of growing a garden and farming
- [29:13] Fundamental aspects of health that people should focus on to help them age better
- [32:42] Why good quality sleep is important
- [34:15] Dr. Lampers’s parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
- NBI Product mentioned: Sleep Relief
- Guest podcast – Hunt Harvest Health Podcast
- Guest website – Hunt Harvest Health
- Guest social media – Instagram
Visit our social media for more information
Chemicals in the environment disrupt the normal activity of the thyroid, estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. They also deplete vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and neurotransmitters, causing health problems. Without even knowing it, you’re being exposed every day. Dr. Marianne Marchese talks about these chemicals, how they increase the risk for endometriosis, cancer, infertility and other health problems.
What your doctor doesn’t tell you about this disease is likely the most important thing you need to know. The discussions around osteoporosis with healthcare professionals is too often limited to bone mineral density and medications. But more than half of people who start osteoporosis medications discontinue them and a bone density test predicts less than half of people who will break a bone. Today I share with you how I talk to patients. You’ll come away knowing how to expand the conversation with your healthcare provider and what you can do to be in the driver’s seat when it comes to your own health.
If you’re overweight, have high blood pressure or poor blood sugar control you might have metabolic syndrome. This syndrome is the gateway to deadly chronic diseases. Dr. Larson is here to tell you that your fate isn’t sealed and that there’s lots you can do to turn things around. Dr. Larsen holds two medical degrees as both a chiropractor and naturopathic doctor. Today he’ll empower and inspire you to take your health to the next level.