34. Aging for the Long Haul with Dr. Hillary Lampers
Dr. Hillary Lampers is an ND with practices in both Montana and Washington. With a BS in Nutrition and doctorate from Bastyr University, she began her journey in the field of cranial medicine and traditional osteopathy and is one of the very few NeuroCranial Restructuring practitioners in the country. In practice, for 14 years her areas of interest include structural integrity, nutrition, cognitive health, hormone health for longevity, and anti-aging procedures such as PRP and NCR. She is the host of the Hunt Harvest Health Podcast, co-creator of StHealthy Hunter – a lifestyle brand- and creator of StHealthy Nutrition CBD. The mission of these brands is to help others live a more sustainable life through naturopathic principles, gardening, hunting, and the support of the community.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:40] How Dr. Lampers became an ND where the brand sthealthyhunter came from
- [05:45] What is NCR
- [12:00] How Dr. Lampers is aging for the long haul
- [16:15] Why Dr. Lampers and her husband started their podcast
- [19:15] The importance of providing basic medical information to the average person
- [22:30] How Dr. Lampers and her husband simplified their life and how it relates to aging for the long haul
- [26:14] The benefits of growing a garden and farming
- [29:13] Fundamental aspects of health that people should focus on to help them age better
- [32:42] Why good quality sleep is important
- [34:15] Dr. Lampers’s parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
- NBI Product mentioned: Sleep Relief
- Guest podcast – Hunt Harvest Health Podcast
- Guest website – Hunt Harvest Health
- Guest social media – Instagram
Visit our social media for more information
Tell me what your diet’s like and I can tell you where your health is headed. One of the largest determinants of health is what you put in your mouth day after day, year after year. It’s more predictive than genetics, and it’s something you can control. Today I will talk to you about the Western Diet, it’s catastrophic health impacts, how it compares to the ancestral, Paleolithic diet, and what you can do to change your future by changing your diet.
While people across the country are lining up for the vaccines, many folks still have questions about how the vaccines work, whether they’re safe and if they’ll be effective against emerging COVID variants. Here to talk to us about all of Daniela Weiskopf, PhD, a brilliant researcher at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology. Dr. Weiskopf has devoted her career to understanding the immune system’s response to viral pathogens and spent the last thirteen years studying infectious viruses relevant to human health and disease. Most recently she’s focused her efforts on COVID-19 to help understand how we can defeat this deadly disease.
Joint pain causes too many people to miss out on some of the greatest moments of their lives. While friends and family are enjoying themselves riding bikes, playing tennis, hiking, gardening, dancing, or playing with their kids and grandkids, they’re sitting on the sidelines, unable to fully participate. And if they do, they’re often experiencing pain and discomfort or paying for it later as their joint pain flares up. Learn the surprising connection between arthritis and heart disease and what you can do about it.