46. Heart Health with Dr. Beverly Yates
Your heart beats an incredible 100,000 times per day, which people don’t even think about most of the time. But heart disease is the number one killer and Dr. Beverly Yates is going to share her practical approach to improving heart health. Dr. Yates, heart disease and diabetes expert with over 27 years of experience was an MIT-trained electrical engineer before going to naturopathic medical school. She brings her unique perspective and integrative approach to help patients struggling with heart issues and diabetes who feel like nothing works for them. Dr. Yates addresses the underlying causes of heart disease and blood sugar spikes to prevent and reverse these deadly diseases and improve people’s energy, outlook, and overall quality of life.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [02:00] Dr. Beverly Yates’s background
- [03:30] Electrical components of the heart
- [05:30] 4 lifestyle pillars that make a difference in heart health outcomes
- [07:00] Dr. Yates’s take on diets for heart health
- [10:15] Questions to ask your health care provider to ensure you are staying on top of your heart health
- [12:45] Why cholesterol panels are important
- [14:30] How to naturally increase low HDL
- [16:15] Tips to adding more fiber to your diet
- [19:15] Tips to developing healthy habits
- [24:15] What is the mitral valve
- [25:30] How Dr. Yates helped her patience build a healthy heart
- [30:00] It’s never too late to taking action on heart disease
- [33:50] Why the mortality rate is higher in people of color then any other race
- [38:00] Having conversations about how people of color are discriminated is important for change to happen
- [40:52] Dr. Yates’s parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
- Guest book – Heart Health for Black Women
- Guest website – Dr. Beverly Yates
- Guest social media – Dr. Beverly Yates’s Instagram, Facebook, and Linkedin
Visit our social media for more information
With a focus on improving health while treating the disease, Dr. Nalini Chilkov’s innovative approach to cancer is redefining how doctors treat breast cancer. She’s the Creator of the OutSmart Cancer System and Founder of Integrative Cancer Answers, an online resource for patients and families whose lives have been touched by cancer. She is the author of the best-selling book 32 Ways to OutSmart Cancer: How to Create A Body Where Cancer Cannot Thrive. Dr. Chilkov is an expert in Integrative Cancer Care and Immune Enhancement with more than 35 years of clinical experience.
In this episode, Dr. Neustadt talks about the most common hidden toxins lurking in your kitchen. Some you’re bringing in from the outside by what you’re buying, and others you’re creating by how you’re cooking. Learn what these are, how they’re endangering you and your family, and how to get them out of your kitchen and life for good.
Today’s special guest isn’t on the show because of nepotism, although it doesn’t hurt that she’s my wife and mom to our two kids. She’s here because she’s a powerhouse with a lot to share about how busy working moms can kick ass and still be healthy. She’s figured out how to juggle being a wife, a mom, a professional success, and a healthy human without losing her mind. And she’s on a mission to help other women do it too. Her two books have been huge successes and she’s been featured in Forbes, Fast Company, and Success, and has appeared on Fox Business News and morning shows around the country.