58. Smartphone Addiction
In today’s episode I’m talking about smartphone addiction. Let’s face it, we’re hooked. I love my cellphone. I love being connected. But as great of an impact technology has had in our lives, it has its deadly side. Understand the good–and bad–effects technology is having on your health, then use simple strategies to make sure technology is helping you reach all your goals.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:41] A study showed 79% of smartphone owners check their phones 15 minutes after waking up in the morning
- [02:21] 70% more adults and kids own a cell phone or tablet
- [03:02] The downfall of technology is the addiction that comes with it
- [03:38] Studies have shown the more a person is on their phone, the more likely they are to develop depression
- [04:23] The dopamine hit we get every time we’re on our phone, conditions our brain to look for more
- [07:18] Define what you are looking for online and schedule your time
- [08:08] Why is multitasking terrible
- [10:30] Technology will help us avoid an uncomfortable situation instead of dealing with them
- [12:05] When we’re stressed our body releases epinephrine
- [16:54] Our phone brings havoc to our sleep
- [21:30] When you stop giving your body those dopamine hits, it starts affecting your mood
- [22:50] Ways to set limits for your screen use
Resources talked about in this episode
Blog mentioned – Three Ways Smartphones are Ruining Your Sleep and Relationships
Visit our social media for more information
With a focus on improving health while treating the disease, Dr. Nalini Chilkov’s innovative approach to cancer is redefining how doctors treat breast cancer. She’s the Creator of the OutSmart Cancer System and Founder of Integrative Cancer Answers, an online resource for patients and families whose lives have been touched by cancer. She is the author of the best-selling book 32 Ways to OutSmart Cancer: How to Create A Body Where Cancer Cannot Thrive. Dr. Chilkov is an expert in Integrative Cancer Care and Immune Enhancement with more than 35 years of clinical experience.
In this episode, Dr. Neustadt talks about the most common hidden toxins lurking in your kitchen. Some you’re bringing in from the outside by what you’re buying, and others you’re creating by how you’re cooking. Learn what these are, how they’re endangering you and your family, and how to get them out of your kitchen and life for good.
Today’s special guest isn’t on the show because of nepotism, although it doesn’t hurt that she’s my wife and mom to our two kids. She’s here because she’s a powerhouse with a lot to share about how busy working moms can kick ass and still be healthy. She’s figured out how to juggle being a wife, a mom, a professional success, and a healthy human without losing her mind. And she’s on a mission to help other women do it too. Her two books have been huge successes and she’s been featured in Forbes, Fast Company, and Success, and has appeared on Fox Business News and morning shows around the country.