57. Osteoporosis with NOF CEO, Claire Gill
For nearly four decades, the National Osteoporosis Foundation has been at the forefront of educating the general public, clinicians, and public policy professionals on osteoporosis, fracture prevention, and promoting strong bones for life. Its important and unique role in the fight against osteoporosis cannot be underestimated. And neither can the crucial work Claire Gill, CEO of the National Osteoporosis Foundation. Combined with her passion for public health and helping people live healthy lives, her more than 20 years of work in the nonprofit world, and doing public relations for Fortune 500 companies, Claire is expanding the National Osteoporosis Foundation’s important work to help even more people.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:30] When should people start worrying about bone health
- [04:00] At what age should people start getting screened
- [05:30] The first symptom of osteoporosis is breaking a bone
- [09:00] Do primary care doctors have enough awareness of this silent disease
- [12:00] If you have family history of bone disease, you need to consider being screened for osteoporosis
- [14:30] Modifiable risk factors that you can control
- [15:30] The best exercises for bone health
- [20:00] Dietary supplements that are healthy for bones
- [24:00] What treatment is right for you
- [27:00] A holistic approach has the best results
- [31:00] Natural treatments to osteoporosis
- [32:45] Claire Gill’s parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
- Guest website – NOF
Visit our social media for more information
With a focus on improving health while treating the disease, Dr. Nalini Chilkov’s innovative approach to cancer is redefining how doctors treat breast cancer. She’s the Creator of the OutSmart Cancer System and Founder of Integrative Cancer Answers, an online resource for patients and families whose lives have been touched by cancer. She is the author of the best-selling book 32 Ways to OutSmart Cancer: How to Create A Body Where Cancer Cannot Thrive. Dr. Chilkov is an expert in Integrative Cancer Care and Immune Enhancement with more than 35 years of clinical experience.
In this episode, Dr. Neustadt talks about the most common hidden toxins lurking in your kitchen. Some you’re bringing in from the outside by what you’re buying, and others you’re creating by how you’re cooking. Learn what these are, how they’re endangering you and your family, and how to get them out of your kitchen and life for good.
Today’s special guest isn’t on the show because of nepotism, although it doesn’t hurt that she’s my wife and mom to our two kids. She’s here because she’s a powerhouse with a lot to share about how busy working moms can kick ass and still be healthy. She’s figured out how to juggle being a wife, a mom, a professional success, and a healthy human without losing her mind. And she’s on a mission to help other women do it too. Her two books have been huge successes and she’s been featured in Forbes, Fast Company, and Success, and has appeared on Fox Business News and morning shows around the country.