26. Mind-body Medicine and Breathwork with Dr. Brad Lichtenstein
Dr. Brad Lichtenstein has spent more than 25 years in private practice and as a professor at Bastyr University. His holistic approach focuses on teaching people how to create strong psycho-emotional-spiritual health while dealing with chronic, life-challenging illnesses and trauma. He combines mind-body medicine, biofeedback, somatic psychology, contemplative practices, and yoga. His philosophy and approach was profoundly influenced by his work delivering guided meditations to hospice patients. He’s been widely published in popular media and medical texts, continues to facilitate workshops, teaches his approach at national and regional conferences, and has hosted over 40+ death cafes around the greater Seattle area.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:40] How Dr. Lichtenstein’s work with hospice patients changed his life
- [07:30] What is mind-body medicine and what are the benefits of practicing it
- [13:10] Breathwork and how it affects the mind and body
- [16:00] Which mind-body approach is best for you and how to do it right
- [20:30] Will practicing mind-body medicine help you become less reactive
- [24:00] How practicing mind-body medicine helps you become more proactive
- [26:15] Can mind-body medicine better your overall health
- [27:29] All about Biofeedback
- [28:15] How breathing a certain way can regulate your nervous system
- [30:22] Is mind-body medicine a proper treatment for anxiety
- [32:45] Creating a new relationship with yourself
- [35:30] Dr. Lichtenstein’s parting words all about gratitude practice
Resources talked about in this episode
Visit our social media for more information
Since finances are one of life’s major stressors and a common reason for arguments in a marriage, then who better to talk to about juggling finances in the real world than two working moms and entrepreneurs. Amanda Kessler and Lara Ford are on a mission to help other women achieve financial success and independence. As they describe it, they made it to their 40s with their heads planted firmly in the sand and didn’t have a clue regarding finances, until a few key conversations with friends changed the trajectories of their financial lives. And hopefully, today’s episode will help change the trajectory of yours as well.
A Tufts University Study has clarified that 66% of all COVID-19 hospitalizations are due to just four underlying medical conditions. And all of them are the result of long-term poor diet and lifestyle choices. Today I talk about those four conditions, the four things you can do to stop and start reversing them to reduce your risk.
This past year people’s stress has been off the charts, with devastating consequences: insomnia, decreased immunity, infertility, irritability, emotional eating, weight gain, and depression. Dr. Doni Wilson is a naturopathic doctor, certified professional midwife, and certified nutrition specialist believes it is possible to be healthy, even when we’re stressed. In the process of solving her own problem of suffering from migraines for 25 years, Dr. Doni developed her Stress Recovery Protocol™ which identifies how stress uniquely affects each individual and then uses epigenetics to reoptimize health. Her unique approach helps patients reverse challenging health conditions including fatigue, anxiety, autoimmunity, fertility and recurrent miscarriages, insomnia, as well as HPV infections, and abnormal pap smears.