38. Teen and Adult Acne with Dr. Julie Greenberg
Chronic acne isn’t just frustrating, it can be painful and wreak havoc on a person’s self-esteem. Today Dr. Julie Greenberg and I are talking about natural and integrative ways to tackle acne. Dr. Greenberg is a Naturopathic Doctor specializing in integrative dermatology. She’s the founder of the Center for Integrative Dermatology, a holistic clinic that approaches skin problems by finding and treating the root cause. Dr. Greenberg holds degrees from Northwestern University, Stanford University, and Bastyr University and lectures at naturopathic medical schools and conferences across the U.S. on dermatology.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:55] Is it normal to get acne?
- [03:39] Why teen and adult acne are becoming more common
- [06:45] Are environmental reasons causing acne to become more common?
- [10:00] Foods to avoid to prevent acne
- [15:30] How to transition to a healthy diet that will help prevent acne
- [19:00] What is Dr. Greenberg’s fundamental protocol for calming acne
- [20:16] Why gut health is important to cure acne
- [22:45] Topical medication Dr. Greenberg likes to prescribe
- [25:00] Dr. Greenberg’s thoughts on using antibiotics for treating acne
- [27:23] Do different types of acne have a different approach
- [28:30] How does a teen get predisposed to fungal acne
- [32:00] Why Dr. Greenberg runs a stool and organic acid test
- [33:50] Dr. Greenberg’s parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
- Guest website – The Center For Integrative Dermatology
- Guest social media – Dr. Greenberg’s Instagram, Facebook
Visit our social media for more information
Since finances are one of life’s major stressors and a common reason for arguments in a marriage, then who better to talk to about juggling finances in the real world than two working moms and entrepreneurs. Amanda Kessler and Lara Ford are on a mission to help other women achieve financial success and independence. As they describe it, they made it to their 40s with their heads planted firmly in the sand and didn’t have a clue regarding finances, until a few key conversations with friends changed the trajectories of their financial lives. And hopefully, today’s episode will help change the trajectory of yours as well.
A Tufts University Study has clarified that 66% of all COVID-19 hospitalizations are due to just four underlying medical conditions. And all of them are the result of long-term poor diet and lifestyle choices. Today I talk about those four conditions, the four things you can do to stop and start reversing them to reduce your risk.
This past year people’s stress has been off the charts, with devastating consequences: insomnia, decreased immunity, infertility, irritability, emotional eating, weight gain, and depression. Dr. Doni Wilson is a naturopathic doctor, certified professional midwife, and certified nutrition specialist believes it is possible to be healthy, even when we’re stressed. In the process of solving her own problem of suffering from migraines for 25 years, Dr. Doni developed her Stress Recovery Protocol™ which identifies how stress uniquely affects each individual and then uses epigenetics to reoptimize health. Her unique approach helps patients reverse challenging health conditions including fatigue, anxiety, autoimmunity, fertility and recurrent miscarriages, insomnia, as well as HPV infections, and abnormal pap smears.