10. Integrative Cardiology with Dr. Bret Scher
In today’s episode, board certified cardiologist and lipidologist, Dr. Bret Scher talks about integrative cardiology and how you can naturally prevent heart disease. Dr. Scher spent decades following the conventional medical protocols for treating heart disease until he realized that it wasn’t working as well as it should. After diving into the research on natural and integrative approaches, he now helps reframe the message of health and prevention. Heart disease is the number one killer in the US. More than 30 million people have been diagnosed with heart disease and every 37 seconds in the United States it kills someone. Learn what you can do so you don’t end up like one of the nearly 650,000 Americans each year killed by cardiovascular disease.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [02:38] How Dr. Scher transitioned into integrative cardiology
- [07:30] How Dr. Scher helps his clients prevent heart disease through a more innovative approach
- [11:56] The top 3 things you can control in your life that will have the biggest impact on your health
- [17:20] Dr. Scher’s take on different diets
- [22:50] How effective are statins in preventing a heart attack
- [26:50] What is a calcium score and how can you get one
- [31:50] Can anything reduce a high calcium score
- [36:09] Dr. Scher’s parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
- Blog mentioned – The Cholesterol Mistake Everyone is Making
- Guest podcast – Diet Doctor Podcast
- Guest website – Low Carb Cardiologist
- Guest social media – Dr. Bret Scher’s Twitter
- Guest book – Your Best Health Ever!
Visit our social media for more information
With a focus on improving health while treating the disease, Dr. Nalini Chilkov’s innovative approach to cancer is redefining how doctors treat breast cancer. She’s the Creator of the OutSmart Cancer System and Founder of Integrative Cancer Answers, an online resource for patients and families whose lives have been touched by cancer. She is the author of the best-selling book 32 Ways to OutSmart Cancer: How to Create A Body Where Cancer Cannot Thrive. Dr. Chilkov is an expert in Integrative Cancer Care and Immune Enhancement with more than 35 years of clinical experience.
In this episode, Dr. Neustadt talks about the most common hidden toxins lurking in your kitchen. Some you’re bringing in from the outside by what you’re buying, and others you’re creating by how you’re cooking. Learn what these are, how they’re endangering you and your family, and how to get them out of your kitchen and life for good.
Today’s special guest isn’t on the show because of nepotism, although it doesn’t hurt that she’s my wife and mom to our two kids. She’s here because she’s a powerhouse with a lot to share about how busy working moms can kick ass and still be healthy. She’s figured out how to juggle being a wife, a mom, a professional success, and a healthy human without losing her mind. And she’s on a mission to help other women do it too. Her two books have been huge successes and she’s been featured in Forbes, Fast Company, and Success, and has appeared on Fox Business News and morning shows around the country.