13. Death by Prescription
Pharmacies filled more than 4 billion prescriptions a year for the 55% of Americans who now take at least one drug and the nearly 12% who take five or more. But all those pills are leaving a lot of devastation in their wake. More than two million side effects are reported and death by prescription is now the fourth leading cause of dying. Dr. Neustadt talks about this situation and what you can do to protect yourself from becoming one of these grim statistics.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [02:10] Why I decided to leave my medical doctor and seek out a naturopathic physician
- [03:37] In 2015 pharmacies filled 4 billion prescriptions in America
- [03:58] 55% of Americans take at least one drug
- [05:40] People dying from prescription medication is the 4th leading cause of death in America
- [09:12] My Guidelines for prescribing (and agreeing to take) medications
- [15:28] Don’t hesitate to ask your doctor how long a medication had been on the market
- [17:15] What really motivates pharmaceutical companies to create replacement drugs
- [18:10] Ask your doctor about changing your lifestyle or diet instead of taking prescription medication
- [19:00] Medications don’t work with your body’s biochemistry, they take over a biochemical process
- [24:45] Why you should ask your doctor about their plan to get you off your medication
- [25:25] What are drug nutrients depletions and why you need to know about them
Resources talked about in this episode
- Blog mentioned – Death by Prescription and What You Can Do About It
Visit our social media for more information
With a focus on improving health while treating the disease, Dr. Nalini Chilkov’s innovative approach to cancer is redefining how doctors treat breast cancer. She’s the Creator of the OutSmart Cancer System and Founder of Integrative Cancer Answers, an online resource for patients and families whose lives have been touched by cancer. She is the author of the best-selling book 32 Ways to OutSmart Cancer: How to Create A Body Where Cancer Cannot Thrive. Dr. Chilkov is an expert in Integrative Cancer Care and Immune Enhancement with more than 35 years of clinical experience.
In this episode, Dr. Neustadt talks about the most common hidden toxins lurking in your kitchen. Some you’re bringing in from the outside by what you’re buying, and others you’re creating by how you’re cooking. Learn what these are, how they’re endangering you and your family, and how to get them out of your kitchen and life for good.
Today’s special guest isn’t on the show because of nepotism, although it doesn’t hurt that she’s my wife and mom to our two kids. She’s here because she’s a powerhouse with a lot to share about how busy working moms can kick ass and still be healthy. She’s figured out how to juggle being a wife, a mom, a professional success, and a healthy human without losing her mind. And she’s on a mission to help other women do it too. Her two books have been huge successes and she’s been featured in Forbes, Fast Company, and Success, and has appeared on Fox Business News and morning shows around the country.