13. Death by Prescription
Pharmacies filled more than 4 billion prescriptions a year for the 55% of Americans who now take at least one drug and the nearly 12% who take five or more. But all those pills are leaving a lot of devastation in their wake. More than two million side effects are reported and death by prescription is now the fourth leading cause of dying. Dr. Neustadt talks about this situation and what you can do to protect yourself from becoming one of these grim statistics.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [02:10] Why I decided to leave my medical doctor and seek out a naturopathic physician
- [03:37] In 2015 pharmacies filled 4 billion prescriptions in America
- [03:58] 55% of Americans take at least one drug
- [05:40] People dying from prescription medication is the 4th leading cause of death in America
- [09:12] My Guidelines for prescribing (and agreeing to take) medications
- [15:28] Don’t hesitate to ask your doctor how long a medication had been on the market
- [17:15] What really motivates pharmaceutical companies to create replacement drugs
- [18:10] Ask your doctor about changing your lifestyle or diet instead of taking prescription medication
- [19:00] Medications don’t work with your body’s biochemistry, they take over a biochemical process
- [24:45] Why you should ask your doctor about their plan to get you off your medication
- [25:25] What are drug nutrients depletions and why you need to know about them
Resources talked about in this episode
- Blog mentioned – Death by Prescription and What You Can Do About It
Visit our social media for more information
Today’s guest is Dr. Mark Gordon, a neuroendocrinologist who has pioneered the hormonal and nutritional approaches to diagnosing and treating TBI.
In today’s episode, Sharon Delaney McCloud, an Emmy Award-winning broadcaster, TEDx Speaker, cancer survivor, Olympic Torch Bearer, author and communications expert, talks about the power of living out loud.
In this episode, Dr. Neustadt talks about the most common hidden toxins lurking in your kitchen.