02. Treating COVID-19 with Dr. Decker Weiss
In today’s episode, I’m talking with Dr. Decker Weiss on how he’s treating COVID-19 patients. Dr. Weiss also gives us amazing tips on how to keep our immune system strong while fighting an infection. Dr. Weiss is a naturopathic physician and cardiologist with over 20 years of clinical practice. Dr. Weiss launched a non-profit called Peace Possible that researches intractable conflict, and provides medical services to refugees and challenged populations world-wide. His unique perspective on COVID-19 is a must for anyone wanting to know more about the pandemic and what they can do to protect themselves.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:21] Introduction of Dr. Decker Weiss
- [06:08] How Dr. Weiss began to treat patients with COVID-19
- [08:15] Why practicing social distancing is important even if you’re young and healthy.
- [10:04] How to keep your immune system strong when fighting off an infection
- [13:04] Tips to decrease the severity of a viral infection
- [18:17] Why good quality sleep is important when fighting off an infection
- [21:18] What you should do if you think you have COVID-19
- [29:15] How to stay calm during this time
- [32:48] Dr. Weiss’s parting words
- [34:02] How you can reach Dr. Weiss
Resources talked about in this episode
- Product mentioned – Sleep Relief
- Blog mentioned – Dr. Neustadt Quarantined from COVID-19
- Guest website – Peace Possible
- Guest scheduler – Schedule with Dr. Weiss
- Guest social media – Dr. Decker Weiss’ Twitter
Visit our social media for more information
Today I answer listeners’ questions. Frequently people reach out to me with health questions. And doing a Listener Q&A gives me a chance to answer those questions and share that with you, because typically if someone has a question, there are lots of people with the same question who simply haven’t asked it.
Diabetes is an epidemic. More than 10% of Americans have diabetes and one-third of adults have pre-diabetes. To demystify diabetes, today’s guest is Dr. Mona Morstein.
Stress has never been higher for people. The pandemic. Social isolation. Economic uncertainty. Our highly charged politics. So what are folks doing to pass the time and soothe their anxiety?