02. Treating COVID-19 with Dr. Decker Weiss
In today’s episode, I’m talking with Dr. Decker Weiss on how he’s treating COVID-19 patients. Dr. Weiss also gives us amazing tips on how to keep our immune system strong while fighting an infection. Dr. Weiss is a naturopathic physician and cardiologist with over 20 years of clinical practice. Dr. Weiss launched a non-profit called Peace Possible that researches intractable conflict, and provides medical services to refugees and challenged populations world-wide. His unique perspective on COVID-19 is a must for anyone wanting to know more about the pandemic and what they can do to protect themselves.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:21] Introduction of Dr. Decker Weiss
- [06:08] How Dr. Weiss began to treat patients with COVID-19
- [08:15] Why practicing social distancing is important even if you’re young and healthy.
- [10:04] How to keep your immune system strong when fighting off an infection
- [13:04] Tips to decrease the severity of a viral infection
- [18:17] Why good quality sleep is important when fighting off an infection
- [21:18] What you should do if you think you have COVID-19
- [29:15] How to stay calm during this time
- [32:48] Dr. Weiss’s parting words
- [34:02] How you can reach Dr. Weiss
Resources talked about in this episode
- Product mentioned – Sleep Relief
- Blog mentioned – Dr. Neustadt Quarantined from COVID-19
- Guest website – Peace Possible
- Guest scheduler – Schedule with Dr. Weiss
- Guest social media – Dr. Decker Weiss’ Twitter
Visit our social media for more information
About 1% of patients with COVID symptoms are still struggling months later. These are the “long haulers” who suffer from wide-ranging and mysterious symptoms.
Chemicals in the environment disrupt the normal activity of the thyroid, estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. They also deplete vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and neurotransmitters, causing health problems. Without even knowing it, you’re being exposed every day. Dr. Marianne Marchese talks about these chemicals, how they increase the risk for endometriosis, cancer, infertility and other health problems.
What your doctor doesn’t tell you about this disease is likely the most important thing you need to know. The discussions around osteoporosis with healthcare professionals is too often limited to bone mineral density and medications. But more than half of people who start osteoporosis medications discontinue them and a bone density test predicts less than half of people who will break a bone. Today I share with you how I talk to patients. You’ll come away knowing how to expand the conversation with your healthcare provider and what you can do to be in the driver’s seat when it comes to your own health.