02. Treating COVID-19 with Dr. Decker Weiss
In today’s episode, I’m talking with Dr. Decker Weiss on how he’s treating COVID-19 patients. Dr. Weiss also gives us amazing tips on how to keep our immune system strong while fighting an infection. Dr. Weiss is a naturopathic physician and cardiologist with over 20 years of clinical practice. Dr. Weiss launched a non-profit called Peace Possible that researches intractable conflict, and provides medical services to refugees and challenged populations world-wide. His unique perspective on COVID-19 is a must for anyone wanting to know more about the pandemic and what they can do to protect themselves.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:21] Introduction of Dr. Decker Weiss
- [06:08] How Dr. Weiss began to treat patients with COVID-19
- [08:15] Why practicing social distancing is important even if you’re young and healthy.
- [10:04] How to keep your immune system strong when fighting off an infection
- [13:04] Tips to decrease the severity of a viral infection
- [18:17] Why good quality sleep is important when fighting off an infection
- [21:18] What you should do if you think you have COVID-19
- [29:15] How to stay calm during this time
- [32:48] Dr. Weiss’s parting words
- [34:02] How you can reach Dr. Weiss
Resources talked about in this episode
- Product mentioned – Sleep Relief
- Blog mentioned – Dr. Neustadt Quarantined from COVID-19
- Guest website – Peace Possible
- Guest scheduler – Schedule with Dr. Weiss
- Guest social media – Dr. Decker Weiss’ Twitter
Visit our social media for more information
Since finances are one of life’s major stressors and a common reason for arguments in a marriage, then who better to talk to about juggling finances in the real world than two working moms and entrepreneurs. Amanda Kessler and Lara Ford are on a mission to help other women achieve financial success and independence. As they describe it, they made it to their 40s with their heads planted firmly in the sand and didn’t have a clue regarding finances, until a few key conversations with friends changed the trajectories of their financial lives. And hopefully, today’s episode will help change the trajectory of yours as well.
A Tufts University Study has clarified that 66% of all COVID-19 hospitalizations are due to just four underlying medical conditions. And all of them are the result of long-term poor diet and lifestyle choices. Today I talk about those four conditions, the four things you can do to stop and start reversing them to reduce your risk.
This past year people’s stress has been off the charts, with devastating consequences: insomnia, decreased immunity, infertility, irritability, emotional eating, weight gain, and depression. Dr. Doni Wilson is a naturopathic doctor, certified professional midwife, and certified nutrition specialist believes it is possible to be healthy, even when we’re stressed. In the process of solving her own problem of suffering from migraines for 25 years, Dr. Doni developed her Stress Recovery Protocol™ which identifies how stress uniquely affects each individual and then uses epigenetics to reoptimize health. Her unique approach helps patients reverse challenging health conditions including fatigue, anxiety, autoimmunity, fertility and recurrent miscarriages, insomnia, as well as HPV infections, and abnormal pap smears.