04. Pain-Free and Strong with Dr. Tyna Moore
In today’s episode, we will learn about chronic pain and how to manage it with Dr. Tyna Moore. Dr. Moore is a Naturopathic and Chiropractic physician and #1 best-selling author. Her current passions include training Naturopathic doctors in regenerative medicine, her specialty in clinical practice for over a decade, as well as broadening their reach through digital and online marketing so that they can have a stronger impact, make more money and enjoy more balance in their lives. She will explain how you can relieve chronic pain without the long term use of over the counter and prescription medication.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [02:20] Dr. Tyna Moore’s background
- [04:44] How Dr. Moore’s personal history affected how she approached her patients in clinical medicine
- [6:35] Advert childhood events can be a cause of chronic pain
- [6:35] What is central sensitization
- [7:56] Why women are more susceptible to chronic pain
- [9:37] Modern society adds extra stress that affects our nervous system
- [10:17] How people adapt to their chronic pain and how it affects their quality of life
- [12:38] Where to start if you are experiencing chronic pain
- [16:59] Dr. Moore’s experience treating patients with EMDR therapy
- [18:20] Trying to alleviate a patient’s chronic pain
- [20:42] Dr. Moore’s view on using pain medication to treat chronic pain long term
- [23:47] Dr. Moore’s experience with conventional physicians being a Naturopathic physician herself
- [27:45] Diagnosing a muscular scale condition is not a strong suit for most physician
- [32.04] A tip if you are in pain right now
Resources talked about in this episode
- Product mentioned – Joint Relief
- Guest free eBook – Pain-Free and Strong
- Guest website – Core Wellness
- Guest social media – Dr. Tyna Moore’s Instagram
Visit our social media for more information
About 1% of patients with COVID symptoms are still struggling months later. These are the “long haulers” who suffer from wide-ranging and mysterious symptoms.
Chemicals in the environment disrupt the normal activity of the thyroid, estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. They also deplete vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and neurotransmitters, causing health problems. Without even knowing it, you’re being exposed every day. Dr. Marianne Marchese talks about these chemicals, how they increase the risk for endometriosis, cancer, infertility and other health problems.
What your doctor doesn’t tell you about this disease is likely the most important thing you need to know. The discussions around osteoporosis with healthcare professionals is too often limited to bone mineral density and medications. But more than half of people who start osteoporosis medications discontinue them and a bone density test predicts less than half of people who will break a bone. Today I share with you how I talk to patients. You’ll come away knowing how to expand the conversation with your healthcare provider and what you can do to be in the driver’s seat when it comes to your own health.