09. Libido, Erections and Sleep
June is Men’s Health month, and one of the under recognized causes of decreased libido, waking up at night to pee, weak erections and lower testosterone is poor sleep. In this episode, Dr. Neustadt focuses on the devastating impact insomnia has on men’s health and what men can do to improve their sleep.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [00:30] One of the biggest contributors to men’s chronic health issues is poor sleep
- [02:30] Over 70 million Americans are suffering from a chronic sleep disorder
- [04:45] Hidden connections between decreased erections, low libido, and male infertility due to poor sleep
- [05:15] 50% of men 40 – 70 years old experience some degree of erectile dysfunction
- [08:00] How sleep patterns affect men’s libido
- [09:08] How sleep is linked to male infertility
- [12:30] Tips for getting good quality sleep
- [14:54] How reducing stress and exercising help you sleep better
- [20:05] Understanding sleep medication and do they really work
- [25:50] How lack of sleep affects our immune system
Resources talked about in this episode
Visit our social media for more information
When it comes to health, we’re our own worst enemies. Whether it’s regularly exercising, eating healthy, making that doctor’s appointment you’ve been putting off, creating the changes necessary to reduce your stress and make you happier, we all know how life can get in the way.
Robert Richman is one of the world’s foremost experts in helping people create transformative growth in their lives and helping companies create cultures that unleash the power and potential of its employees.
Depression is a global epidemic. The number of people living with depression rose to 322 million people in 2015, an 18% increase from just 10 years earlier.