09. Libido, Erections and Sleep
June is Men’s Health month, and one of the under recognized causes of decreased libido, waking up at night to pee, weak erections and lower testosterone is poor sleep. In this episode, Dr. Neustadt focuses on the devastating impact insomnia has on men’s health and what men can do to improve their sleep.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [00:30] One of the biggest contributors to men’s chronic health issues is poor sleep
- [02:30] Over 70 million Americans are suffering from a chronic sleep disorder
- [04:45] Hidden connections between decreased erections, low libido, and male infertility due to poor sleep
- [05:15] 50% of men 40 – 70 years old experience some degree of erectile dysfunction
- [08:00] How sleep patterns affect men’s libido
- [09:08] How sleep is linked to male infertility
- [12:30] Tips for getting good quality sleep
- [14:54] How reducing stress and exercising help you sleep better
- [20:05] Understanding sleep medication and do they really work
- [25:50] How lack of sleep affects our immune system
Resources talked about in this episode
Visit our social media for more information
The shocking and untimely death of actor Chadwick Boseman from colon cancer at 43 years old has shone a spotlight on the importance of screening and treatment.
Coiled up in each of us is approximately 30 feet of intestines. This tube is technically outside of our bodies, and for us to be able to use the nutrients we eat our GI tract must be able to digest and absorb them.
Dr. Alschuler, ND and a Fellow by the American Board of Naturopathic Oncology (FABNO) is a Professor of Clinical Medicine at the University of Arizona