09. Libido, Erections and Sleep
June is Men’s Health month, and one of the under recognized causes of decreased libido, waking up at night to pee, weak erections and lower testosterone is poor sleep. In this episode, Dr. Neustadt focuses on the devastating impact insomnia has on men’s health and what men can do to improve their sleep.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [00:30] One of the biggest contributors to men’s chronic health issues is poor sleep
- [02:30] Over 70 million Americans are suffering from a chronic sleep disorder
- [04:45] Hidden connections between decreased erections, low libido, and male infertility due to poor sleep
- [05:15] 50% of men 40 – 70 years old experience some degree of erectile dysfunction
- [08:00] How sleep patterns affect men’s libido
- [09:08] How sleep is linked to male infertility
- [12:30] Tips for getting good quality sleep
- [14:54] How reducing stress and exercising help you sleep better
- [20:05] Understanding sleep medication and do they really work
- [25:50] How lack of sleep affects our immune system
Resources talked about in this episode
Visit our social media for more information
Since finances are one of life’s major stressors and a common reason for arguments in a marriage, then who better to talk to about juggling finances in the real world than two working moms and entrepreneurs. Amanda Kessler and Lara Ford are on a mission to help other women achieve financial success and independence. As they describe it, they made it to their 40s with their heads planted firmly in the sand and didn’t have a clue regarding finances, until a few key conversations with friends changed the trajectories of their financial lives. And hopefully, today’s episode will help change the trajectory of yours as well.
A Tufts University Study has clarified that 66% of all COVID-19 hospitalizations are due to just four underlying medical conditions. And all of them are the result of long-term poor diet and lifestyle choices. Today I talk about those four conditions, the four things you can do to stop and start reversing them to reduce your risk.
This past year people’s stress has been off the charts, with devastating consequences: insomnia, decreased immunity, infertility, irritability, emotional eating, weight gain, and depression. Dr. Doni Wilson is a naturopathic doctor, certified professional midwife, and certified nutrition specialist believes it is possible to be healthy, even when we’re stressed. In the process of solving her own problem of suffering from migraines for 25 years, Dr. Doni developed her Stress Recovery Protocol™ which identifies how stress uniquely affects each individual and then uses epigenetics to reoptimize health. Her unique approach helps patients reverse challenging health conditions including fatigue, anxiety, autoimmunity, fertility and recurrent miscarriages, insomnia, as well as HPV infections, and abnormal pap smears.