09. Libido, Erections and Sleep
June is Men’s Health month, and one of the under recognized causes of decreased libido, waking up at night to pee, weak erections and lower testosterone is poor sleep. In this episode, Dr. Neustadt focuses on the devastating impact insomnia has on men’s health and what men can do to improve their sleep.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [00:30] One of the biggest contributors to men’s chronic health issues is poor sleep
- [02:30] Over 70 million Americans are suffering from a chronic sleep disorder
- [04:45] Hidden connections between decreased erections, low libido, and male infertility due to poor sleep
- [05:15] 50% of men 40 – 70 years old experience some degree of erectile dysfunction
- [08:00] How sleep patterns affect men’s libido
- [09:08] How sleep is linked to male infertility
- [12:30] Tips for getting good quality sleep
- [14:54] How reducing stress and exercising help you sleep better
- [20:05] Understanding sleep medication and do they really work
- [25:50] How lack of sleep affects our immune system
Resources talked about in this episode
Visit our social media for more information
Today I answer listeners’ questions. Frequently people reach out to me with health questions. And doing a Listener Q&A gives me a chance to answer those questions and share that with you, because typically if someone has a question, there are lots of people with the same question who simply haven’t asked it.
Diabetes is an epidemic. More than 10% of Americans have diabetes and one-third of adults have pre-diabetes. To demystify diabetes, today’s guest is Dr. Mona Morstein.
Stress has never been higher for people. The pandemic. Social isolation. Economic uncertainty. Our highly charged politics. So what are folks doing to pass the time and soothe their anxiety?