12. Living Out Loud with Sharon Delaney McCloud
In today’s episode, Sharon Delaney McCloud, an Emmy Award-winning broadcaster, TEDx Speaker, cancer survivor, Olympic Torch Bearer, author and communications expert, talks about the power of living out loud. In this carefully curated world of social media, it’s refreshing to meet someone who believes showing up as the real, authentic you is the way to create true success and happiness. Who knows that you can’t serve your higher purpose and reach your greatest heights when you keep your truth bottled up inside. Sharing your experiences and hard-won lessons–living out loud–enriches not only your own life, but those around you too. And it’s a crucial–and often overlooked–requirement to unlock your full health potential.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:55] Why we should be open to different ways of thinking about well-being
- [04:20] What motivates Sharon to share her life story
- [07:30] How Sharon bridged the gap between experiencing tragedy and standing on stage to share her story
- [14:38] Why the concept of “I get to” instead of “I have to” is important
- [16:15] Embrace risks & live out loud
- [18:05] Tools to help unlock your full potential
- [20:20] Ted Talk speakers are regular people with big ideas
- [23:58] Thinking about your own message
- [25:54] Turning your battle scars into badges of honor
- [28:17] Reframe how you move forward and prioritize what’s important to you
- [30:12] Sharon’s parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
- Guest blog mentioned – Building Resilience in the Face of Adversity
- Guest TED Talk mentioned – How and Why You Should Talk to Bereaved Parents
- Guest website – Sharon’s website
- Guest social media – Sharon’s Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter
Visit our social media for more information
With a focus on improving health while treating the disease, Dr. Nalini Chilkov’s innovative approach to cancer is redefining how doctors treat breast cancer. She’s the Creator of the OutSmart Cancer System and Founder of Integrative Cancer Answers, an online resource for patients and families whose lives have been touched by cancer. She is the author of the best-selling book 32 Ways to OutSmart Cancer: How to Create A Body Where Cancer Cannot Thrive. Dr. Chilkov is an expert in Integrative Cancer Care and Immune Enhancement with more than 35 years of clinical experience.
In this episode, Dr. Neustadt talks about the most common hidden toxins lurking in your kitchen. Some you’re bringing in from the outside by what you’re buying, and others you’re creating by how you’re cooking. Learn what these are, how they’re endangering you and your family, and how to get them out of your kitchen and life for good.
Today’s special guest isn’t on the show because of nepotism, although it doesn’t hurt that she’s my wife and mom to our two kids. She’s here because she’s a powerhouse with a lot to share about how busy working moms can kick ass and still be healthy. She’s figured out how to juggle being a wife, a mom, a professional success, and a healthy human without losing her mind. And she’s on a mission to help other women do it too. Her two books have been huge successes and she’s been featured in Forbes, Fast Company, and Success, and has appeared on Fox Business News and morning shows around the country.