12. Living Out Loud with Sharon Delaney McCloud
In today’s episode, Sharon Delaney McCloud, an Emmy Award-winning broadcaster, TEDx Speaker, cancer survivor, Olympic Torch Bearer, author and communications expert, talks about the power of living out loud. In this carefully curated world of social media, it’s refreshing to meet someone who believes showing up as the real, authentic you is the way to create true success and happiness. Who knows that you can’t serve your higher purpose and reach your greatest heights when you keep your truth bottled up inside. Sharing your experiences and hard-won lessons–living out loud–enriches not only your own life, but those around you too. And it’s a crucial–and often overlooked–requirement to unlock your full health potential.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:55] Why we should be open to different ways of thinking about well-being
- [04:20] What motivates Sharon to share her life story
- [07:30] How Sharon bridged the gap between experiencing tragedy and standing on stage to share her story
- [14:38] Why the concept of “I get to” instead of “I have to” is important
- [16:15] Embrace risks & live out loud
- [18:05] Tools to help unlock your full potential
- [20:20] Ted Talk speakers are regular people with big ideas
- [23:58] Thinking about your own message
- [25:54] Turning your battle scars into badges of honor
- [28:17] Reframe how you move forward and prioritize what’s important to you
- [30:12] Sharon’s parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
- Guest blog mentioned – Building Resilience in the Face of Adversity
- Guest TED Talk mentioned – How and Why You Should Talk to Bereaved Parents
- Guest website – Sharon’s website
- Guest social media – Sharon’s Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter
Visit our social media for more information
Tell me what your diet’s like and I can tell you where your health is headed. One of the largest determinants of health is what you put in your mouth day after day, year after year. It’s more predictive than genetics, and it’s something you can control. Today I will talk to you about the Western Diet, it’s catastrophic health impacts, how it compares to the ancestral, Paleolithic diet, and what you can do to change your future by changing your diet.
While people across the country are lining up for the vaccines, many folks still have questions about how the vaccines work, whether they’re safe and if they’ll be effective against emerging COVID variants. Here to talk to us about all of Daniela Weiskopf, PhD, a brilliant researcher at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology. Dr. Weiskopf has devoted her career to understanding the immune system’s response to viral pathogens and spent the last thirteen years studying infectious viruses relevant to human health and disease. Most recently she’s focused her efforts on COVID-19 to help understand how we can defeat this deadly disease.
Joint pain causes too many people to miss out on some of the greatest moments of their lives. While friends and family are enjoying themselves riding bikes, playing tennis, hiking, gardening, dancing, or playing with their kids and grandkids, they’re sitting on the sidelines, unable to fully participate. And if they do, they’re often experiencing pain and discomfort or paying for it later as their joint pain flares up. Learn the surprising connection between arthritis and heart disease and what you can do about it.