12. Living Out Loud with Sharon Delaney McCloud
In today’s episode, Sharon Delaney McCloud, an Emmy Award-winning broadcaster, TEDx Speaker, cancer survivor, Olympic Torch Bearer, author and communications expert, talks about the power of living out loud. In this carefully curated world of social media, it’s refreshing to meet someone who believes showing up as the real, authentic you is the way to create true success and happiness. Who knows that you can’t serve your higher purpose and reach your greatest heights when you keep your truth bottled up inside. Sharing your experiences and hard-won lessons–living out loud–enriches not only your own life, but those around you too. And it’s a crucial–and often overlooked–requirement to unlock your full health potential.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:55] Why we should be open to different ways of thinking about well-being
- [04:20] What motivates Sharon to share her life story
- [07:30] How Sharon bridged the gap between experiencing tragedy and standing on stage to share her story
- [14:38] Why the concept of “I get to” instead of “I have to” is important
- [16:15] Embrace risks & live out loud
- [18:05] Tools to help unlock your full potential
- [20:20] Ted Talk speakers are regular people with big ideas
- [23:58] Thinking about your own message
- [25:54] Turning your battle scars into badges of honor
- [28:17] Reframe how you move forward and prioritize what’s important to you
- [30:12] Sharon’s parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
- Guest blog mentioned – Building Resilience in the Face of Adversity
- Guest TED Talk mentioned – How and Why You Should Talk to Bereaved Parents
- Guest website – Sharon’s website
- Guest social media – Sharon’s Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter
Visit our social media for more information
Chemicals in the environment disrupt the normal activity of the thyroid, estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. They also deplete vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and neurotransmitters, causing health problems. Without even knowing it, you’re being exposed every day. Dr. Marianne Marchese talks about these chemicals, how they increase the risk for endometriosis, cancer, infertility and other health problems.
What your doctor doesn’t tell you about this disease is likely the most important thing you need to know. The discussions around osteoporosis with healthcare professionals is too often limited to bone mineral density and medications. But more than half of people who start osteoporosis medications discontinue them and a bone density test predicts less than half of people who will break a bone. Today I share with you how I talk to patients. You’ll come away knowing how to expand the conversation with your healthcare provider and what you can do to be in the driver’s seat when it comes to your own health.
If you’re overweight, have high blood pressure or poor blood sugar control you might have metabolic syndrome. This syndrome is the gateway to deadly chronic diseases. Dr. Larson is here to tell you that your fate isn’t sealed and that there’s lots you can do to turn things around. Dr. Larsen holds two medical degrees as both a chiropractor and naturopathic doctor. Today he’ll empower and inspire you to take your health to the next level.