19. Five Behaviors to Create the Health and Life You Want
When it comes to health, we’re our own worst enemies. Whether it’s regularly exercising, eating healthy, making that doctor’s appointment you’ve been putting off, creating the changes necessary to reduce your stress and make you happier, we all know how life can get in the way. What I’ve found is that there are five key behaviors that will help you reach any goal. The more of these you can start doing in your life, the more energy you’ll have and the happier you’ll be in all areas of your life.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:04] Behavior #1: Healthy sleep habits
- [02:00] Sleep deprivation is a risk factor for depression, heart disease, diabetes, dying early, and Alzheimer’s disease.
- [03:02] Why people are suffering from social jet lag
- [04:50] Behavior #2: Positive thinking
- [06:13] Tips for breaking negative thought patterns
- [08:10] How to be more proactive
- [10:30] Behavior #3: Making success easier
- [11:30] How procrastination is affecting you from reaching your goals
- [12:35] Two powerful tools to avoiding procrastination
- [16:30] Behavior #4: Owning your actions
- [18:35] More than 60% of all chronic diseases are caused by poor diet and lifestyle
- [20:15] Behavior #5: Creating healthy boundaries
- [21:00] Are you suffering from YOU syndrome?
- [22:30] Try this exercise to help you treat yourself better
Resources talked about in this episode
- Blog mentioned – Create a Virtuous Cycle with Gratitude
- Blog mentioned – Stop Blaming Your Genes (and Your Parents)
- Blog mentioned – Create a Virtuous Cuyle with Gratitude
- Product mentioned – Sleep Relief
- Book mentioned – The Happiness Advantage: How a Positive Brain Fuels Success in Work and Life
Visit our social media for more information
Since finances are one of life’s major stressors and a common reason for arguments in a marriage, then who better to talk to about juggling finances in the real world than two working moms and entrepreneurs. Amanda Kessler and Lara Ford are on a mission to help other women achieve financial success and independence. As they describe it, they made it to their 40s with their heads planted firmly in the sand and didn’t have a clue regarding finances, until a few key conversations with friends changed the trajectories of their financial lives. And hopefully, today’s episode will help change the trajectory of yours as well.
A Tufts University Study has clarified that 66% of all COVID-19 hospitalizations are due to just four underlying medical conditions. And all of them are the result of long-term poor diet and lifestyle choices. Today I talk about those four conditions, the four things you can do to stop and start reversing them to reduce your risk.
This past year people’s stress has been off the charts, with devastating consequences: insomnia, decreased immunity, infertility, irritability, emotional eating, weight gain, and depression. Dr. Doni Wilson is a naturopathic doctor, certified professional midwife, and certified nutrition specialist believes it is possible to be healthy, even when we’re stressed. In the process of solving her own problem of suffering from migraines for 25 years, Dr. Doni developed her Stress Recovery Protocol™ which identifies how stress uniquely affects each individual and then uses epigenetics to reoptimize health. Her unique approach helps patients reverse challenging health conditions including fatigue, anxiety, autoimmunity, fertility and recurrent miscarriages, insomnia, as well as HPV infections, and abnormal pap smears.