29. Surprising Health Problems Caused by Leaky Gut
Coiled up in each of us is approximately 30 feet of intestines. This tube is technically outside of our bodies, and for us to be able to use the nutrients we eat our GI tract must be able to digest and absorb them. Every day we consume all types of food and drinks, but rarely do most people think about what happens after they swallow. Until something goes wrong.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:00] What is leaky gut
- [01:30] Symptoms of leaky gut
- [02:11] 3 major reasons that cause leaky gut
- [03:30] Why does low stomach acid occur
- [04:30] Questions asked to screen for low stomach acid
- [05:15] Symptoms of low stomach acid
- [06:00] Important roles stomach acid plays in the body
- [07:15] Symptoms of intestinal dysbiosis
- [08:45] Typical medical response to acid reflux
- [09:13] How stomach acid production is tested
- [10:03] Food intolerance can cause decreased absorptions of nutrients by creating chronic inflammation in the intestines
- [10:45] Symptoms of silly act disease
- [11:21] What is IgG
- [12:28] How the body reacts to food intolerance
- [13:00] Explanation of eczema and joint pain
- [14:46] Why Chronic stress can cause low stomach acid
- [17:00] Relaxation is vital for promoting health
Resources Talked About in This Episode
- Blog mentioned – 10 Surprising Health Problems Caused by Leaky Gut
Visit our social media for more information
Today I answer listeners’ questions. Frequently people reach out to me with health questions. And doing a Listener Q&A gives me a chance to answer those questions and share that with you, because typically if someone has a question, there are lots of people with the same question who simply haven’t asked it.
Diabetes is an epidemic. More than 10% of Americans have diabetes and one-third of adults have pre-diabetes. To demystify diabetes, today’s guest is Dr. Mona Morstein.
Stress has never been higher for people. The pandemic. Social isolation. Economic uncertainty. Our highly charged politics. So what are folks doing to pass the time and soothe their anxiety?