29. Surprising Health Problems Caused by Leaky Gut
Coiled up in each of us is approximately 30 feet of intestines. This tube is technically outside of our bodies, and for us to be able to use the nutrients we eat our GI tract must be able to digest and absorb them. Every day we consume all types of food and drinks, but rarely do most people think about what happens after they swallow. Until something goes wrong.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:00] What is leaky gut
- [01:30] Symptoms of leaky gut
- [02:11] 3 major reasons that cause leaky gut
- [03:30] Why does low stomach acid occur
- [04:30] Questions asked to screen for low stomach acid
- [05:15] Symptoms of low stomach acid
- [06:00] Important roles stomach acid plays in the body
- [07:15] Symptoms of intestinal dysbiosis
- [08:45] Typical medical response to acid reflux
- [09:13] How stomach acid production is tested
- [10:03] Food intolerance can cause decreased absorptions of nutrients by creating chronic inflammation in the intestines
- [10:45] Symptoms of silly act disease
- [11:21] What is IgG
- [12:28] How the body reacts to food intolerance
- [13:00] Explanation of eczema and joint pain
- [14:46] Why Chronic stress can cause low stomach acid
- [17:00] Relaxation is vital for promoting health
Resources Talked About in This Episode
- Blog mentioned – 10 Surprising Health Problems Caused by Leaky Gut
Visit our social media for more information
Since finances are one of life’s major stressors and a common reason for arguments in a marriage, then who better to talk to about juggling finances in the real world than two working moms and entrepreneurs. Amanda Kessler and Lara Ford are on a mission to help other women achieve financial success and independence. As they describe it, they made it to their 40s with their heads planted firmly in the sand and didn’t have a clue regarding finances, until a few key conversations with friends changed the trajectories of their financial lives. And hopefully, today’s episode will help change the trajectory of yours as well.
A Tufts University Study has clarified that 66% of all COVID-19 hospitalizations are due to just four underlying medical conditions. And all of them are the result of long-term poor diet and lifestyle choices. Today I talk about those four conditions, the four things you can do to stop and start reversing them to reduce your risk.
This past year people’s stress has been off the charts, with devastating consequences: insomnia, decreased immunity, infertility, irritability, emotional eating, weight gain, and depression. Dr. Doni Wilson is a naturopathic doctor, certified professional midwife, and certified nutrition specialist believes it is possible to be healthy, even when we’re stressed. In the process of solving her own problem of suffering from migraines for 25 years, Dr. Doni developed her Stress Recovery Protocol™ which identifies how stress uniquely affects each individual and then uses epigenetics to reoptimize health. Her unique approach helps patients reverse challenging health conditions including fatigue, anxiety, autoimmunity, fertility and recurrent miscarriages, insomnia, as well as HPV infections, and abnormal pap smears.