41. Time to Toss the Artificial Sweeteners
Stress has never been higher for people. The pandemic. Social isolation. Economic uncertainty. Our highly charged politics. So what are folks doing to pass the time and soothe their anxiety? Stress eating. Often this means turning to sweets like ice cream, cookies, or cake. Or grabbing a zero-calorie soda. If you think artificial sweeteners will give you that sweet treat but still keep you safe, think again. While they’ve been heavily marketed to help protect against diabetes, obesity, and poor health, the research tells a different story. These zero-calorie sweeteners can actually expand your waistline and increase your risk for diabetes.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:05] How zero-calorie sweeteners can increase your risk for diabetes
- [01:35] On average Americans consume 94 grams of added sugar every day
- [03:15] People are turning to low or zero-calorie sweeteners to satisfy their sweet tooth
- [03:45] How artificial sweetener can affect the body
- [04:50] Some artificial sweeteners are sweeter the regular table sugar
- [06:43] Artificial Sweeteners can lower the bodies ability to use sweet taste as a signal for calories
- [08:34] How children are affected by sweeteners
- [09:30] The risk for type 2 diabetes has increased in people who have more than 1 artificial sweetened drink a day
- [11:30] Higher intake of artificially sweetened soft drinks was associated with increased risk of stroke and dementia
Resources talked about in this episode
Blog mentioned – Time to Toss the Artificial Sweeteners
Visit our social media for more information
Since finances are one of life’s major stressors and a common reason for arguments in a marriage, then who better to talk to about juggling finances in the real world than two working moms and entrepreneurs. Amanda Kessler and Lara Ford are on a mission to help other women achieve financial success and independence. As they describe it, they made it to their 40s with their heads planted firmly in the sand and didn’t have a clue regarding finances, until a few key conversations with friends changed the trajectories of their financial lives. And hopefully, today’s episode will help change the trajectory of yours as well.
A Tufts University Study has clarified that 66% of all COVID-19 hospitalizations are due to just four underlying medical conditions. And all of them are the result of long-term poor diet and lifestyle choices. Today I talk about those four conditions, the four things you can do to stop and start reversing them to reduce your risk.
This past year people’s stress has been off the charts, with devastating consequences: insomnia, decreased immunity, infertility, irritability, emotional eating, weight gain, and depression. Dr. Doni Wilson is a naturopathic doctor, certified professional midwife, and certified nutrition specialist believes it is possible to be healthy, even when we’re stressed. In the process of solving her own problem of suffering from migraines for 25 years, Dr. Doni developed her Stress Recovery Protocol™ which identifies how stress uniquely affects each individual and then uses epigenetics to reoptimize health. Her unique approach helps patients reverse challenging health conditions including fatigue, anxiety, autoimmunity, fertility and recurrent miscarriages, insomnia, as well as HPV infections, and abnormal pap smears.