40. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome with Dr. Todd Born
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) is a devastating condition that leaves people struggling for answers and solutions. Too often they’re told that it’s just in their head and are prescribed antidepressants. Conventional medicine struggles to effectively treat CFS because it’s a complex, chronic condition that involves many systems in the body. Dr. Todd A Born demystifies CFS and helps you understand what you can do to fix it. Dr. Born is a naturopathic physician, certified nutrition specialist (CNS) and co-owner and medical director of Born Integrative Medicine Specialists.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:24] What is chronic fatigue syndrome
- [04:24[ How Dr. Born helps his patients figure out if they have chronic fatigue syndrome
- [06:45] The difference between conventional testing and the testing Dr. Born runs on his patients
- [11:53] What kind of cortisol test does gives the best clinical picture
- [15:40] Typical chronic fatigue patient patterns
- [18:15] Dr. Born’s approach to infections as an underlying cause of chronic fatigue syndrome
- [21:43] How Lyme disease can be an underlying cause of chronic fatigue syndrome
- [24:33] How people approach their doctors about infections
- [29:15] Are gut infections underlying causes for chronic fatigue
- [32:15] Dr. Born’s parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
Visit our social media for more information
About 1% of patients with COVID symptoms are still struggling months later. These are the “long haulers” who suffer from wide-ranging and mysterious symptoms.
Chemicals in the environment disrupt the normal activity of the thyroid, estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. They also deplete vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and neurotransmitters, causing health problems. Without even knowing it, you’re being exposed every day. Dr. Marianne Marchese talks about these chemicals, how they increase the risk for endometriosis, cancer, infertility and other health problems.
What your doctor doesn’t tell you about this disease is likely the most important thing you need to know. The discussions around osteoporosis with healthcare professionals is too often limited to bone mineral density and medications. But more than half of people who start osteoporosis medications discontinue them and a bone density test predicts less than half of people who will break a bone. Today I share with you how I talk to patients. You’ll come away knowing how to expand the conversation with your healthcare provider and what you can do to be in the driver’s seat when it comes to your own health.