40. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome with Dr. Todd Born
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) is a devastating condition that leaves people struggling for answers and solutions. Too often they’re told that it’s just in their head and are prescribed antidepressants. Conventional medicine struggles to effectively treat CFS because it’s a complex, chronic condition that involves many systems in the body. Dr. Todd A Born demystifies CFS and helps you understand what you can do to fix it. Dr. Born is a naturopathic physician, certified nutrition specialist (CNS) and co-owner and medical director of Born Integrative Medicine Specialists.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:24] What is chronic fatigue syndrome
- [04:24[ How Dr. Born helps his patients figure out if they have chronic fatigue syndrome
- [06:45] The difference between conventional testing and the testing Dr. Born runs on his patients
- [11:53] What kind of cortisol test does gives the best clinical picture
- [15:40] Typical chronic fatigue patient patterns
- [18:15] Dr. Born’s approach to infections as an underlying cause of chronic fatigue syndrome
- [21:43] How Lyme disease can be an underlying cause of chronic fatigue syndrome
- [24:33] How people approach their doctors about infections
- [29:15] Are gut infections underlying causes for chronic fatigue
- [32:15] Dr. Born’s parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
Visit our social media for more information
Since finances are one of life’s major stressors and a common reason for arguments in a marriage, then who better to talk to about juggling finances in the real world than two working moms and entrepreneurs. Amanda Kessler and Lara Ford are on a mission to help other women achieve financial success and independence. As they describe it, they made it to their 40s with their heads planted firmly in the sand and didn’t have a clue regarding finances, until a few key conversations with friends changed the trajectories of their financial lives. And hopefully, today’s episode will help change the trajectory of yours as well.
A Tufts University Study has clarified that 66% of all COVID-19 hospitalizations are due to just four underlying medical conditions. And all of them are the result of long-term poor diet and lifestyle choices. Today I talk about those four conditions, the four things you can do to stop and start reversing them to reduce your risk.
This past year people’s stress has been off the charts, with devastating consequences: insomnia, decreased immunity, infertility, irritability, emotional eating, weight gain, and depression. Dr. Doni Wilson is a naturopathic doctor, certified professional midwife, and certified nutrition specialist believes it is possible to be healthy, even when we’re stressed. In the process of solving her own problem of suffering from migraines for 25 years, Dr. Doni developed her Stress Recovery Protocol™ which identifies how stress uniquely affects each individual and then uses epigenetics to reoptimize health. Her unique approach helps patients reverse challenging health conditions including fatigue, anxiety, autoimmunity, fertility and recurrent miscarriages, insomnia, as well as HPV infections, and abnormal pap smears.