53. Stress and Adrenal Health with Dr. Doni Wilson
This past year people’s stress has been off the charts, with devastating consequences: insomnia, decreased immunity, infertility, irritability, emotional eating, weight gain and depression. Dr. Doni Wilson is a naturopathic doctor, certified professional midwife, and certified nutrition specialist believes it is possible to be healthy, even when we’re stressed. In the process of solving her own problem of suffering from migraines for 25 years, Dr. Doni developed her Stress Recovery Protocol™ which identifies how stress uniquely affects each individual and then uses epigenetics to reoptimize health. Her unique approach helps patients reverse challenging health conditions including fatigue, anxiety, autoimmunity, fertility and recurrent miscarriages, insomnia, as well as HPV infections and abnormal pap smears.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:45] What led Dr. Wilson to work as a naturopathic physician
- [05:30] What is stress
- [07:30] Are stress hormones during pregnancy the same as day to day stress
- [09:50] Do adrenaline and cortisol work the same
- [12:00] What is epigenetics
- [14:45] What type of tests does Dr. Wilson order for her patients
- [20:15]Knowing where your hormone imbalance is important in order to recover from stress
- [27:30] Any symptoms that you may be experiencing can be a signal that you need your hormone levels tested
- [31:00] Stress recovery activities
- [33:30] Dr. Wilson’s parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
Guest website – DoctorDoni.com
Guest book – Stress Warrior
Visit our social media for more information
About 1% of patients with COVID symptoms are still struggling months later. These are the “long haulers” who suffer from wide-ranging and mysterious symptoms.
Chemicals in the environment disrupt the normal activity of the thyroid, estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. They also deplete vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and neurotransmitters, causing health problems. Without even knowing it, you’re being exposed every day. Dr. Marianne Marchese talks about these chemicals, how they increase the risk for endometriosis, cancer, infertility and other health problems.
What your doctor doesn’t tell you about this disease is likely the most important thing you need to know. The discussions around osteoporosis with healthcare professionals is too often limited to bone mineral density and medications. But more than half of people who start osteoporosis medications discontinue them and a bone density test predicts less than half of people who will break a bone. Today I share with you how I talk to patients. You’ll come away knowing how to expand the conversation with your healthcare provider and what you can do to be in the driver’s seat when it comes to your own health.