Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [00:28] 29% over six years old are inactive
- [01:59] The best exercise is not a specific activity at all
- [03:00] Being sedentary increases your risk of chronic diseases
- [04:27] What does moderate exercise mean
- [05:15] Find an exercise that you enjoy doing
- [07:07] Find a workout buddy or join a group class for extra motivation
- [08:15] Ideas for working out at home
Resources talked about in this episode
Visit our social media for more information
About 1% of patients with COVID symptoms are still struggling months later. These are the “long haulers” who suffer from wide-ranging and mysterious symptoms.
Chemicals in the environment disrupt the normal activity of the thyroid, estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. They also deplete vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and neurotransmitters, causing health problems. Without even knowing it, you’re being exposed every day. Dr. Marianne Marchese talks about these chemicals, how they increase the risk for endometriosis, cancer, infertility and other health problems.
What your doctor doesn’t tell you about this disease is likely the most important thing you need to know. The discussions around osteoporosis with healthcare professionals is too often limited to bone mineral density and medications. But more than half of people who start osteoporosis medications discontinue them and a bone density test predicts less than half of people who will break a bone. Today I share with you how I talk to patients. You’ll come away knowing how to expand the conversation with your healthcare provider and what you can do to be in the driver’s seat when it comes to your own health.