08. Mold Toxicity with Dr. Jill Crista
In today’s episode, we’re going to learn how to identify mold and mycotoxin sickness and how to treat it with Dr. Jill Crista. Dr. Crista is a naturopathic doctor, best-selling author and internationally recognized educator on mold illness. She helps people recover their health after exposure to toxic mold and mycotoxins. Dr. Crista is the author of Break The Mold: 5 Tools To Conquer Mold and Take Back Your Health. She also provides online training for medical practitioners to help them become mold-literate; to efficiently and effectively identify and treat their mold-sick patients.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:54] What health problems can come from mold exposure
- [03:06] How is a mycotoxin different
- [04:16] What symptoms do people experience that are a cause of mold exposure
- [07:26] 70 percent of symptoms people experience are from mycotoxins
- [08:42] What the analogy “to boil the frog” means
- [13:08] How to start identifying if you have mold sickness
- [15:51] What’s next after identifying you have a probability of mold sickness
- [18:27] What is a visual contrast sensitivity test
- [19:32] Alcohol behaves the same as a mycotoxin
- [21:34] How do mycotoxins function
- [26:09] Is eating food from animals who have been exposed to moldy food affecting our bodies
- [28:16] How do conventionally trained colleges react to Dr. Crista’s studies
- [30:05] Empowering solutions you can do to feel better
- [32:02] How you can take Dr. Crista’s mold quiz
Resources talked about in this episode
- Guest quiz – Is Mold Affecting Your Health?
- Guest book – Break the Mold
- Guest website – Dr. Crista
- Guest social media – Dr. Jill Crista’s Facebook
Visit our social media for more information
About 1% of patients with COVID symptoms are still struggling months later. These are the “long haulers” who suffer from wide-ranging and mysterious symptoms.
Chemicals in the environment disrupt the normal activity of the thyroid, estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. They also deplete vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and neurotransmitters, causing health problems. Without even knowing it, you’re being exposed every day. Dr. Marianne Marchese talks about these chemicals, how they increase the risk for endometriosis, cancer, infertility and other health problems.
What your doctor doesn’t tell you about this disease is likely the most important thing you need to know. The discussions around osteoporosis with healthcare professionals is too often limited to bone mineral density and medications. But more than half of people who start osteoporosis medications discontinue them and a bone density test predicts less than half of people who will break a bone. Today I share with you how I talk to patients. You’ll come away knowing how to expand the conversation with your healthcare provider and what you can do to be in the driver’s seat when it comes to your own health.