05. Fracture Proof Your Bones
In today’s episode, we talk about what you should be doing to reduce your osteoporosis and fracture risk. Should you get screened for osteoporosis? How does the screening test work? And what can be done to protect your bones from fractures? Many people don’t realize they’re walking around with bones that are getting weaker until one day, SNAP!, they break a bone. Don’t let that be you.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:39] Osteoporosis is an epidemic
- [02:40] 1 in 2 women will experience an osteoporosis fracture
- [02:54] 1 in 5 will be affected by an osteoporosis-related fracture
- [03:08] Osteoporosis is a disease related to aging
- [03:22] You should be screened at age 65 if you have any additional risk factors
- [04:29] Certain medication can increase the risk of getting an osteoporosis fracture
- [07:33] What does your bone density screening results mean
- [09:37] We should all be doing what we can to square the curve
- [11:28] How predictive is a bone density test at predicting fractures
- [13:04] Things that help us predict if you are at risk of an osteoporosis fracture
- [14:26] A 50-year-old woman has a similar lifetime risk of dying from a hip fracture as for breast cancer
- [14:54] What you can do to change osteoporosis risk
- [17:37] Natural and integrative ways that you can do to grow stronger bones and reduce your fracture risk
- [25:14] Dietary supplements that will help reduce fracture risk
Resources talked about in this episode
- Blog mentioned – 6 Steps to Reduce Fracture Risk
- Blog mentioned – Stop the Burn—7 Proven Ways to Stop Acid Reflux
Visit our social media for more information
Since finances are one of life’s major stressors and a common reason for arguments in a marriage, then who better to talk to about juggling finances in the real world than two working moms and entrepreneurs. Amanda Kessler and Lara Ford are on a mission to help other women achieve financial success and independence. As they describe it, they made it to their 40s with their heads planted firmly in the sand and didn’t have a clue regarding finances, until a few key conversations with friends changed the trajectories of their financial lives. And hopefully, today’s episode will help change the trajectory of yours as well.
A Tufts University Study has clarified that 66% of all COVID-19 hospitalizations are due to just four underlying medical conditions. And all of them are the result of long-term poor diet and lifestyle choices. Today I talk about those four conditions, the four things you can do to stop and start reversing them to reduce your risk.
This past year people’s stress has been off the charts, with devastating consequences: insomnia, decreased immunity, infertility, irritability, emotional eating, weight gain, and depression. Dr. Doni Wilson is a naturopathic doctor, certified professional midwife, and certified nutrition specialist believes it is possible to be healthy, even when we’re stressed. In the process of solving her own problem of suffering from migraines for 25 years, Dr. Doni developed her Stress Recovery Protocol™ which identifies how stress uniquely affects each individual and then uses epigenetics to reoptimize health. Her unique approach helps patients reverse challenging health conditions including fatigue, anxiety, autoimmunity, fertility and recurrent miscarriages, insomnia, as well as HPV infections, and abnormal pap smears.