03. Top Tips for Fighting the Cold and Flu Faster
In today’s episode, I’ll be talking about how to fight the cold and flu. I share with you what I’ve learned from an integrative approach, what we know works and what doesn’t work. I also go into detail about how my family and I treat the cold and flu and what steps you can take to strengthen your immune system.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:57] Research about the flu vaccine
- [03:26] Why drug manufacturers can’t do a better job at manufacturing vaccines that are more effective
- [04:43] A more holistic and natural way of fighting the flu
- [07:14] Things that weaken your immune system
- [08:33] Tips for getting a restful sleep
- [11:07] Exercising helps boost your immune system
- [12:22] Why you should avoid dairy and sugar during cold and flu season
- [14:40] Ingredients to my cold and flu killer broth
- [16:34] What you should do if you have a fever
- [17:53] How to stimulate a fever
- [22:00] How to soothe a sore throat
- [23:55] Tips to healing an earache
- [26:17] How you can clear sinus congestion
Resources talked about in this episode
- Blog mentioned – What’s in Your Milk
- Blog mentioned – Top Tips to Beat the Cold and Flu Faster
- Blog mentioned – Dr. Neustadt’s Quick and Easy Cold and Flu Killer
- Product mentioned – Sleep Supplement
Visit our social media for more information
About 1% of patients with COVID symptoms are still struggling months later. These are the “long haulers” who suffer from wide-ranging and mysterious symptoms.
Chemicals in the environment disrupt the normal activity of the thyroid, estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. They also deplete vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and neurotransmitters, causing health problems. Without even knowing it, you’re being exposed every day. Dr. Marianne Marchese talks about these chemicals, how they increase the risk for endometriosis, cancer, infertility and other health problems.
What your doctor doesn’t tell you about this disease is likely the most important thing you need to know. The discussions around osteoporosis with healthcare professionals is too often limited to bone mineral density and medications. But more than half of people who start osteoporosis medications discontinue them and a bone density test predicts less than half of people who will break a bone. Today I share with you how I talk to patients. You’ll come away knowing how to expand the conversation with your healthcare provider and what you can do to be in the driver’s seat when it comes to your own health.