03. Top Tips for Fighting the Cold and Flu Faster
In today’s episode, I’ll be talking about how to fight the cold and flu. I share with you what I’ve learned from an integrative approach, what we know works and what doesn’t work. I also go into detail about how my family and I treat the cold and flu and what steps you can take to strengthen your immune system.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:57] Research about the flu vaccine
- [03:26] Why drug manufacturers can’t do a better job at manufacturing vaccines that are more effective
- [04:43] A more holistic and natural way of fighting the flu
- [07:14] Things that weaken your immune system
- [08:33] Tips for getting a restful sleep
- [11:07] Exercising helps boost your immune system
- [12:22] Why you should avoid dairy and sugar during cold and flu season
- [14:40] Ingredients to my cold and flu killer broth
- [16:34] What you should do if you have a fever
- [17:53] How to stimulate a fever
- [22:00] How to soothe a sore throat
- [23:55] Tips to healing an earache
- [26:17] How you can clear sinus congestion
Resources talked about in this episode
- Blog mentioned – What’s in Your Milk
- Blog mentioned – Top Tips to Beat the Cold and Flu Faster
- Blog mentioned – Dr. Neustadt’s Quick and Easy Cold and Flu Killer
- Product mentioned – Sleep Supplement
Visit our social media for more information
Today I answer listeners’ questions. Frequently people reach out to me with health questions. And doing a Listener Q&A gives me a chance to answer those questions and share that with you, because typically if someone has a question, there are lots of people with the same question who simply haven’t asked it.
Diabetes is an epidemic. More than 10% of Americans have diabetes and one-third of adults have pre-diabetes. To demystify diabetes, today’s guest is Dr. Mona Morstein.
Stress has never been higher for people. The pandemic. Social isolation. Economic uncertainty. Our highly charged politics. So what are folks doing to pass the time and soothe their anxiety?