51. Toxic Metals, Your Hidden Health Hazard
Toxic metals, sometimes called heavy metals, include mercury, arsenic, lead, cadmium, and other metals that are naturally occurring in the earth’s crust. They’ve been used by humans for thousands of years and are the oldest toxins known. Metal toxicity—especially from heavy metals like mercury, cadmium, arsenic, and lead–affects all organ systems and can result in wide-ranging and nonspecific symptoms; however, the central nervous system (CNS) is especially susceptible to damage from metals. But they don’t just affect your central nervous system. Toxic metals are systemic toxins that in high enough amounts damage your kidneys, blood, brain, bones, and other organs.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [00:45] Metal toxicity causes mysterious symptoms
- [01:30] Toxic metals are everywhere but invisible
- [04:35] How toxic metals harm our bodies
- [06:30] The importance of asking your doctor to assess you for toxic metal exposure
- [07:00] Symptoms of toxic metal poisoning
- [08:15] Mercury is one of the most common toxins
- [10:45] What to do if you have mercury amalgam fillings
- [12:06] Foods that have high levels of mercury
- [13:50] How lead damages your body
- [18:03] Flint Michigan’s water crisis
- [18:37] Foods that contain Arsenic
- [19:28] How Arsenic toxicity affects the body
- [21:55] Toxic metals are even in some dietary supplements
- [25:31] Test that can be done for metal toxicity
- [29:05] Tips to naturally eliminate metals from your body
Resources talked about in this episode
- Blog mentioned – Why Toxic Metals May Be Your Issue
- Blog mentioned – When it Comes to Dietary Supplements, it’s Buyer Beware
Visit our social media for more information
Since finances are one of life’s major stressors and a common reason for arguments in a marriage, then who better to talk to about juggling finances in the real world than two working moms and entrepreneurs. Amanda Kessler and Lara Ford are on a mission to help other women achieve financial success and independence. As they describe it, they made it to their 40s with their heads planted firmly in the sand and didn’t have a clue regarding finances, until a few key conversations with friends changed the trajectories of their financial lives. And hopefully, today’s episode will help change the trajectory of yours as well.
A Tufts University Study has clarified that 66% of all COVID-19 hospitalizations are due to just four underlying medical conditions. And all of them are the result of long-term poor diet and lifestyle choices. Today I talk about those four conditions, the four things you can do to stop and start reversing them to reduce your risk.
This past year people’s stress has been off the charts, with devastating consequences: insomnia, decreased immunity, infertility, irritability, emotional eating, weight gain, and depression. Dr. Doni Wilson is a naturopathic doctor, certified professional midwife, and certified nutrition specialist believes it is possible to be healthy, even when we’re stressed. In the process of solving her own problem of suffering from migraines for 25 years, Dr. Doni developed her Stress Recovery Protocol™ which identifies how stress uniquely affects each individual and then uses epigenetics to reoptimize health. Her unique approach helps patients reverse challenging health conditions including fatigue, anxiety, autoimmunity, fertility and recurrent miscarriages, insomnia, as well as HPV infections, and abnormal pap smears.