48. COVID Vaccines with Dr. Daniela Weiskopf
While people across the country are lining up for the vaccines, many folks still have questions about how the vaccines work, whether they’re safe and if they’ll be effective against emerging COVID variants. Here to talk to us about all of Daniela Weiskopf, Ph.D., a brilliant researcher at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology. Dr. Weiskopf has devoted her career to understanding the immune system’s response to viral pathogens and spent the last thirteen years studying infectious viruses relevant to human health and disease. Most recently she’s focused her efforts on COVID-19 to help understand how we can defeat this deadly disease.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [02:00] What got Dr. Weiskopf interested in studying COVID19
- [03:45] What is so unique about the coronavirus and the way it spreads so quickly
- [5:30] The more the virus spreads from person to person, the more it will mutate
- [07:30] What technology is used in the covid vaccines
- [10:30] How long are you immune to the virus when you get the vaccine
- [11:45] Is the vaccine safe
- [14:45] Does the vaccine change your DNA
- [17:30] Is the vaccine safe for pregnant women
- [18:45] Will the vaccines be effective on other variants
- [21:30] Is there research being done on parts of the virus that don’t mutate as fast
- [24:30] Is having a response after you get the vaccine a good thing
- [26:41] Will the coronavirus vaccine eventually need multiple types of vaccines in one syringe
- [28:00] Does this virus surprise researchers in the way people react to it
- [29:45] Dr. Weiskopf’s message of hope
- [31:45] How effective is the vaccine, and can you still get infected
- [33:15] Why we need two doses
- [34:18] How long does it take for your body to my protected after the vaccine
- [34:50] Dr. Weiskopf’s parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
- Guest website – www.lji.org
Visit our social media for more information
Since finances are one of life’s major stressors and a common reason for arguments in a marriage, then who better to talk to about juggling finances in the real world than two working moms and entrepreneurs. Amanda Kessler and Lara Ford are on a mission to help other women achieve financial success and independence. As they describe it, they made it to their 40s with their heads planted firmly in the sand and didn’t have a clue regarding finances, until a few key conversations with friends changed the trajectories of their financial lives. And hopefully, today’s episode will help change the trajectory of yours as well.
A Tufts University Study has clarified that 66% of all COVID-19 hospitalizations are due to just four underlying medical conditions. And all of them are the result of long-term poor diet and lifestyle choices. Today I talk about those four conditions, the four things you can do to stop and start reversing them to reduce your risk.
This past year people’s stress has been off the charts, with devastating consequences: insomnia, decreased immunity, infertility, irritability, emotional eating, weight gain, and depression. Dr. Doni Wilson is a naturopathic doctor, certified professional midwife, and certified nutrition specialist believes it is possible to be healthy, even when we’re stressed. In the process of solving her own problem of suffering from migraines for 25 years, Dr. Doni developed her Stress Recovery Protocol™ which identifies how stress uniquely affects each individual and then uses epigenetics to reoptimize health. Her unique approach helps patients reverse challenging health conditions including fatigue, anxiety, autoimmunity, fertility and recurrent miscarriages, insomnia, as well as HPV infections, and abnormal pap smears.