59. Tame Your Fear Brain with Dr. Kate Truitt
Fear can get the best of any of us, and you know you can’t be your best self when you’re afraid and overwhelmed. That’s why it’s so important to learn skills that allow you to tame your fear brain and to help us understand exactly how to do that is Dr. Kate Truitt. Dr. Kate is a Clinical Psychologist committed to understanding the brain’s ability to transcend and transform the complex and beautiful relationship between nature and nurture. Her clinical practice, scientific studies, and training are specialized in the areas of stress, trauma, and resiliency. Her workshops have been attended by people around the world, and I can’t think of anyone better to talk to about this important topic.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:28] How Dr. Truitt got into studying the brain
- [03:25] How are people’s Amygdala being impacted during this pandemic
- [09:15] Where is the Amygdala located in the brain
- [07:30] How does the Amygdala work
- [09:30] How can you cope with stress better
- [10:45] What is psychosensory
- [12:30] Havening technique how it works and how to do it
- [18:30] Large amount of stress can make us make bad decisions
- [19:45] How many time should you be havening during the day
- [22:30] How having compassion for yourself helps with how you are feeling
- [26:30] The brain will better adapt and become more calm once the pandemic is over
- [28:45] Dr. Truitt walks us through a soothe havening exercise
- [33:45] Dr. Truitt parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
- Guest website – Dr. Truitt, Viva Excellence
- Guest social media – Dr. Truitt’s Facebook, Instagram
- Blog mentioned – Why We Need to Greet All Feelings As Friends
Visit our social media for more information
Chemicals in the environment disrupt the normal activity of the thyroid, estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. They also deplete vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and neurotransmitters, causing health problems. Without even knowing it, you’re being exposed every day. Dr. Marianne Marchese talks about these chemicals, how they increase the risk for endometriosis, cancer, infertility and other health problems.
What your doctor doesn’t tell you about this disease is likely the most important thing you need to know. The discussions around osteoporosis with healthcare professionals is too often limited to bone mineral density and medications. But more than half of people who start osteoporosis medications discontinue them and a bone density test predicts less than half of people who will break a bone. Today I share with you how I talk to patients. You’ll come away knowing how to expand the conversation with your healthcare provider and what you can do to be in the driver’s seat when it comes to your own health.
If you’re overweight, have high blood pressure or poor blood sugar control you might have metabolic syndrome. This syndrome is the gateway to deadly chronic diseases. Dr. Larson is here to tell you that your fate isn’t sealed and that there’s lots you can do to turn things around. Dr. Larsen holds two medical degrees as both a chiropractor and naturopathic doctor. Today he’ll empower and inspire you to take your health to the next level.