59. Tame Your Fear Brain with Dr. Kate Truitt
Fear can get the best of any of us, and you know you can’t be your best self when you’re afraid and overwhelmed. That’s why it’s so important to learn skills that allow you to tame your fear brain and to help us understand exactly how to do that is Dr. Kate Truitt. Dr. Kate is a Clinical Psychologist committed to understanding the brain’s ability to transcend and transform the complex and beautiful relationship between nature and nurture. Her clinical practice, scientific studies, and training are specialized in the areas of stress, trauma, and resiliency. Her workshops have been attended by people around the world, and I can’t think of anyone better to talk to about this important topic.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:28] How Dr. Truitt got into studying the brain
- [03:25] How are people’s Amygdala being impacted during this pandemic
- [09:15] Where is the Amygdala located in the brain
- [07:30] How does the Amygdala work
- [09:30] How can you cope with stress better
- [10:45] What is psychosensory
- [12:30] Havening technique how it works and how to do it
- [18:30] Large amount of stress can make us make bad decisions
- [19:45] How many time should you be havening during the day
- [22:30] How having compassion for yourself helps with how you are feeling
- [26:30] The brain will better adapt and become more calm once the pandemic is over
- [28:45] Dr. Truitt walks us through a soothe havening exercise
- [33:45] Dr. Truitt parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
- Guest website – Dr. Truitt, Viva Excellence
- Guest social media – Dr. Truitt’s Facebook, Instagram
- Blog mentioned – Why We Need to Greet All Feelings As Friends
Visit our social media for more information
With a focus on improving health while treating the disease, Dr. Nalini Chilkov’s innovative approach to cancer is redefining how doctors treat breast cancer. She’s the Creator of the OutSmart Cancer System and Founder of Integrative Cancer Answers, an online resource for patients and families whose lives have been touched by cancer. She is the author of the best-selling book 32 Ways to OutSmart Cancer: How to Create A Body Where Cancer Cannot Thrive. Dr. Chilkov is an expert in Integrative Cancer Care and Immune Enhancement with more than 35 years of clinical experience.
In this episode, Dr. Neustadt talks about the most common hidden toxins lurking in your kitchen. Some you’re bringing in from the outside by what you’re buying, and others you’re creating by how you’re cooking. Learn what these are, how they’re endangering you and your family, and how to get them out of your kitchen and life for good.
Today’s special guest isn’t on the show because of nepotism, although it doesn’t hurt that she’s my wife and mom to our two kids. She’s here because she’s a powerhouse with a lot to share about how busy working moms can kick ass and still be healthy. She’s figured out how to juggle being a wife, a mom, a professional success, and a healthy human without losing her mind. And she’s on a mission to help other women do it too. Her two books have been huge successes and she’s been featured in Forbes, Fast Company, and Success, and has appeared on Fox Business News and morning shows around the country.