61. Natural Approaches to Acid Reflux
Every day, millions of people take acid-blocking medications to treat the symptoms of acid reflux, for duodenal ulcers, and as an important part of a treatment strategy to kill the H. pylori infection. These medications are effective at treating the symptoms of disease, but they don’t treat the underlying cause and can create deadly side effects. Learn what causes acid reflux and how you can fix it using natural and integrative approaches.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:20] The dangers of taking acid-blocking medication long term
- [03:10] Both PPI and H2 Blockers have also shown to increase hip fracture risk in people with osteoporosis
- [05:20] Symptoms of acid reflux
- [06:05] The Important role stomach acid plays in your body
- [07:56] Aging can contribute to the decrease in stomach acid
- [09:05] How low stomach acid can affect your health
- [13:32] The typical medical response to acid reflux
- [15:01] How to naturally fix underlying causes of acid reflux
- [15:23] 5 common foods that create acid reflux
- [26:00] Uncomfortable side effects of acid reflux
Resources talked about in this episode
- Blog mentioned – Stop the Burn—7 Proven Ways to Stop Acid Reflux
- Blog mentioned – More Bad News for Acid Blocking Medications
Visit our social media for more information
With a focus on improving health while treating the disease, Dr. Nalini Chilkov’s innovative approach to cancer is redefining how doctors treat breast cancer. She’s the Creator of the OutSmart Cancer System and Founder of Integrative Cancer Answers, an online resource for patients and families whose lives have been touched by cancer. She is the author of the best-selling book 32 Ways to OutSmart Cancer: How to Create A Body Where Cancer Cannot Thrive. Dr. Chilkov is an expert in Integrative Cancer Care and Immune Enhancement with more than 35 years of clinical experience.
In this episode, Dr. Neustadt talks about the most common hidden toxins lurking in your kitchen. Some you’re bringing in from the outside by what you’re buying, and others you’re creating by how you’re cooking. Learn what these are, how they’re endangering you and your family, and how to get them out of your kitchen and life for good.
Today’s special guest isn’t on the show because of nepotism, although it doesn’t hurt that she’s my wife and mom to our two kids. She’s here because she’s a powerhouse with a lot to share about how busy working moms can kick ass and still be healthy. She’s figured out how to juggle being a wife, a mom, a professional success, and a healthy human without losing her mind. And she’s on a mission to help other women do it too. Her two books have been huge successes and she’s been featured in Forbes, Fast Company, and Success, and has appeared on Fox Business News and morning shows around the country.