42. Diabetes with Dr. Mona Morstein
Diabetes is an epidemic. More than 10% of Americans have diabetes and one-third of adults have pre-diabetes. To demystify diabetes, today’s guest is Dr. Mona Morstein. Dr. Morstein has been a naturopathic physician for thirty years, was Chair of Nutrition, a professor of Gastroenterology and Clinical Supervisor at Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine, and is an expert in diabetes. In fact, she wrote the book on it, “Master Your Diabetes: A Comprehensive, Integrative Approach For Both Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes.”
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:30] What is Type 1 diabetes
- [04:30] What is type 2 diabetes
- [07:25] Other types of diabetes
- [10:00] Why is diabetes increasing in the population
- [15:35] Dr. Morstein’s approach to treating diabetes compared to a conventional approach
- [19:40] Is testing for environmental factors and nutritional deficiency important
- [24:00] How some medications can deplete nutrients
- [30:33] Way to naturally improve insulin resistance
- [34:40] Does Alzheimer’s and dementia cause insulin resistance
- [40:00] Dr. Morstein’s parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
Visit our social media for more information
With a focus on improving health while treating the disease, Dr. Nalini Chilkov’s innovative approach to cancer is redefining how doctors treat breast cancer. She’s the Creator of the OutSmart Cancer System and Founder of Integrative Cancer Answers, an online resource for patients and families whose lives have been touched by cancer. She is the author of the best-selling book 32 Ways to OutSmart Cancer: How to Create A Body Where Cancer Cannot Thrive. Dr. Chilkov is an expert in Integrative Cancer Care and Immune Enhancement with more than 35 years of clinical experience.
In this episode, Dr. Neustadt talks about the most common hidden toxins lurking in your kitchen. Some you’re bringing in from the outside by what you’re buying, and others you’re creating by how you’re cooking. Learn what these are, how they’re endangering you and your family, and how to get them out of your kitchen and life for good.
Today’s special guest isn’t on the show because of nepotism, although it doesn’t hurt that she’s my wife and mom to our two kids. She’s here because she’s a powerhouse with a lot to share about how busy working moms can kick ass and still be healthy. She’s figured out how to juggle being a wife, a mom, a professional success, and a healthy human without losing her mind. And she’s on a mission to help other women do it too. Her two books have been huge successes and she’s been featured in Forbes, Fast Company, and Success, and has appeared on Fox Business News and morning shows around the country.