15. Natural Approaches to Acid Reflux
Every day, millions of people take acid-blocking medications to treat the symptoms of acid reflux, for duodenal ulcers and as an important part of a treatment strategy to kill the H. pylori infection. These medications are effective at treating the symptoms of disease, but they don’t treat the underlying cause and can create deadly side effects. Learn what causes acid reflux and how you can fix it using natural and integrative approaches.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:20] The dangers of taking acid-blocking medication long term
- [03:10] Both PPI and H2 Blockers have also shown to increase hip fracture risk in people with osteoporosis
- [05:20] Symptoms of acid reflux
- [06:05] The Important role stomach acid plays in your body
- [07:56] Aging can contribute to the decrease in stomach acid
- [09:05] How low stomach acid can affect your health
- [13:32] The typical medical response to acid reflux
- [15:01] How to naturally fix underlying causes of acid reflux
- [15:23] 5 common foods that create acid reflux
- [26:00] Uncomfortable side effects of acid reflux
Resources talked about in this episode
- Blog mentioned – Stop the Burn—7 Proven Ways to Stop Acid Reflux
- Blog mentioned – More Bad News for Acid Blocking Medications
Visit our social media for more information
Since finances are one of life’s major stressors and a common reason for arguments in a marriage, then who better to talk to about juggling finances in the real world than two working moms and entrepreneurs. Amanda Kessler and Lara Ford are on a mission to help other women achieve financial success and independence. As they describe it, they made it to their 40s with their heads planted firmly in the sand and didn’t have a clue regarding finances, until a few key conversations with friends changed the trajectories of their financial lives. And hopefully, today’s episode will help change the trajectory of yours as well.
A Tufts University Study has clarified that 66% of all COVID-19 hospitalizations are due to just four underlying medical conditions. And all of them are the result of long-term poor diet and lifestyle choices. Today I talk about those four conditions, the four things you can do to stop and start reversing them to reduce your risk.
This past year people’s stress has been off the charts, with devastating consequences: insomnia, decreased immunity, infertility, irritability, emotional eating, weight gain, and depression. Dr. Doni Wilson is a naturopathic doctor, certified professional midwife, and certified nutrition specialist believes it is possible to be healthy, even when we’re stressed. In the process of solving her own problem of suffering from migraines for 25 years, Dr. Doni developed her Stress Recovery Protocol™ which identifies how stress uniquely affects each individual and then uses epigenetics to reoptimize health. Her unique approach helps patients reverse challenging health conditions including fatigue, anxiety, autoimmunity, fertility and recurrent miscarriages, insomnia, as well as HPV infections, and abnormal pap smears.