15. Natural Approaches to Acid Reflux
Every day, millions of people take acid-blocking medications to treat the symptoms of acid reflux, for duodenal ulcers and as an important part of a treatment strategy to kill the H. pylori infection. These medications are effective at treating the symptoms of disease, but they don’t treat the underlying cause and can create deadly side effects. Learn what causes acid reflux and how you can fix it using natural and integrative approaches.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:20] The dangers of taking acid-blocking medication long term
- [03:10] Both PPI and H2 Blockers have also shown to increase hip fracture risk in people with osteoporosis
- [05:20] Symptoms of acid reflux
- [06:05] The Important role stomach acid plays in your body
- [07:56] Aging can contribute to the decrease in stomach acid
- [09:05] How low stomach acid can affect your health
- [13:32] The typical medical response to acid reflux
- [15:01] How to naturally fix underlying causes of acid reflux
- [15:23] 5 common foods that create acid reflux
- [26:00] Uncomfortable side effects of acid reflux
Resources talked about in this episode
- Blog mentioned – Stop the Burn—7 Proven Ways to Stop Acid Reflux
- Blog mentioned – More Bad News for Acid Blocking Medications
Visit our social media for more information
Today I answer listeners’ questions. Frequently people reach out to me with health questions. And doing a Listener Q&A gives me a chance to answer those questions and share that with you, because typically if someone has a question, there are lots of people with the same question who simply haven’t asked it.
Diabetes is an epidemic. More than 10% of Americans have diabetes and one-third of adults have pre-diabetes. To demystify diabetes, today’s guest is Dr. Mona Morstein.
Stress has never been higher for people. The pandemic. Social isolation. Economic uncertainty. Our highly charged politics. So what are folks doing to pass the time and soothe their anxiety?