15. Natural Approaches to Acid Reflux
Every day, millions of people take acid-blocking medications to treat the symptoms of acid reflux, for duodenal ulcers and as an important part of a treatment strategy to kill the H. pylori infection. These medications are effective at treating the symptoms of disease, but they don’t treat the underlying cause and can create deadly side effects. Learn what causes acid reflux and how you can fix it using natural and integrative approaches.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:20] The dangers of taking acid-blocking medication long term
- [03:10] Both PPI and H2 Blockers have also shown to increase hip fracture risk in people with osteoporosis
- [05:20] Symptoms of acid reflux
- [06:05] The Important role stomach acid plays in your body
- [07:56] Aging can contribute to the decrease in stomach acid
- [09:05] How low stomach acid can affect your health
- [13:32] The typical medical response to acid reflux
- [15:01] How to naturally fix underlying causes of acid reflux
- [15:23] 5 common foods that create acid reflux
- [26:00] Uncomfortable side effects of acid reflux
Resources talked about in this episode
- Blog mentioned – Stop the Burn—7 Proven Ways to Stop Acid Reflux
- Blog mentioned – More Bad News for Acid Blocking Medications
Visit our social media for more information
The shocking and untimely death of actor Chadwick Boseman from colon cancer at 43 years old has shone a spotlight on the importance of screening and treatment.
Coiled up in each of us is approximately 30 feet of intestines. This tube is technically outside of our bodies, and for us to be able to use the nutrients we eat our GI tract must be able to digest and absorb them.
Dr. Alschuler, ND and a Fellow by the American Board of Naturopathic Oncology (FABNO) is a Professor of Clinical Medicine at the University of Arizona