16. Fitness Mindset with Kellen Schuh
Exercise is nature’s Prozac. It releases feel-good chemicals that lift mood but also reduces your risk for all sorts of nasty diseases—heart disease, Alzheimer’s, osteoporosis, diabetes. Everyone knows they should exercise, but most American’s aren’t. And we’re paying the price for it. Here to talk to us about the mindset and mechanics of exercise to help you reach any health goal, is fitness expert Kellen Schuh.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:45] How Kellen Got started in the fitness industry
- [07:30] Why people want to look good vs feel good when starting their fitness journey
- [08:45] Some obstacles people face when first starting out
- [10:45] 3 things to pay attention to when working out
- [12:45] How to know if you are moving correctly during workouts
- [15:35] Balance your day to day routine to incorporate working out
- [18:00] Why it’s important not to compare yourself to people on social media
- [19:35] Creating a fitness mindset
- [23:45] Why you should switch up your workout routine
- [24:35] How Kellen approaches nutrition and why it’s important when working out
- [26:20] Should you be consuming protein bars and protein shakes
- [28:50] Tips to finding a healthy protein bar
- [29:55] Kellen’s parting words
Resources talked about in this episode
Visit our social media for more information
Today I answer listeners’ questions. Frequently people reach out to me with health questions. And doing a Listener Q&A gives me a chance to answer those questions and share that with you, because typically if someone has a question, there are lots of people with the same question who simply haven’t asked it.
Diabetes is an epidemic. More than 10% of Americans have diabetes and one-third of adults have pre-diabetes. To demystify diabetes, today’s guest is Dr. Mona Morstein.
Stress has never been higher for people. The pandemic. Social isolation. Economic uncertainty. Our highly charged politics. So what are folks doing to pass the time and soothe their anxiety?