11. Detoxify Your Kitchen
In this episode, Dr. Neustadt talks about the most common hidden toxins lurking in your kitchen. Some you’re bringing in from the outside by what you’re buying, and others you’re creating by how you’re cooking. Learn what these are, how they’re endangering you and your family and how to get them out of your kitchen and life for good.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [02:12] Common toxins that are in your kitchen right now
- [03:28] Chemicals found in plastic containers
- [06:22] Toxic oils you need to remove from your life
- [10:21] Why artificial sweeteners are poisoning you
- [12:00] How to get rid of food with toxic ingredients
- [13:45] Solving your sugar problem
- [14:54] How sugar affects your health
- [16:40] Different ways companies label sugar in packages
- [22:35] How to comfortably start cutting sugar from your diet
Resources talked about in this episode
- Blog mentioned – Spring Clean Your Kitchen: Eliminate These 5 Toxins
Visit our social media for more information
Tell me what your diet’s like and I can tell you where your health is headed. One of the largest determinants of health is what you put in your mouth day after day, year after year. It’s more predictive than genetics, and it’s something you can control. Today I will talk to you about the Western Diet, it’s catastrophic health impacts, how it compares to the ancestral, Paleolithic diet, and what you can do to change your future by changing your diet.
While people across the country are lining up for the vaccines, many folks still have questions about how the vaccines work, whether they’re safe and if they’ll be effective against emerging COVID variants. Here to talk to us about all of Daniela Weiskopf, PhD, a brilliant researcher at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology. Dr. Weiskopf has devoted her career to understanding the immune system’s response to viral pathogens and spent the last thirteen years studying infectious viruses relevant to human health and disease. Most recently she’s focused her efforts on COVID-19 to help understand how we can defeat this deadly disease.
Joint pain causes too many people to miss out on some of the greatest moments of their lives. While friends and family are enjoying themselves riding bikes, playing tennis, hiking, gardening, dancing, or playing with their kids and grandkids, they’re sitting on the sidelines, unable to fully participate. And if they do, they’re often experiencing pain and discomfort or paying for it later as their joint pain flares up. Learn the surprising connection between arthritis and heart disease and what you can do about it.