37. The Four Pillars of Health
Getting healthy and feeling your best is simple. Ignore the noise and focus on the fundamentals, which are The Four Pillars of Health. These four foundational aspects of health create well-being, increase energy, and joy. The four pillars of health are proper diet, a healthy active lifestyle, quality sleep, and connection to others. They’re the foundation for becoming as healthy, vibrant, and energetic as you can be.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:49] The Four Pillars of Health
- [02:50] People who create healthy habits in one area of their life end up creating healthy habits in other areas.
- [03:30] Pillar #1: healthy diet
- [04:14] Why you should emphasize plants and proteins
- [05:32] Healthy fats are a key part of healthy diets
- [07:49] Pillar #2: Exercise
- [08:21] Being fit and exercising reduces your risk of dying from any cause
- [10:11] Examples of low intensity but effective exercises
- [12:04] Pillar #3: Sleep
- [14:04] One in five adults sleep less than 6.5 hours at night
- [14:40] Tips to getting good quality sleep
- [16:28] Pillar #4: Connection
- [18:19] Do suffer from Yes Syndrome?
- [21:14] Volunteering in your community can help satisfy the need for connection
Resources talked about in this episode
Blog mentioned – 3 Steps to Eating Healthy for Life
Blog mentioned – 5 Simple Ways to Work Exercise into Your Life
Blog mentioned – Your Checklist to Beat Insomnia
Visit our social media for more information
Since finances are one of life’s major stressors and a common reason for arguments in a marriage, then who better to talk to about juggling finances in the real world than two working moms and entrepreneurs. Amanda Kessler and Lara Ford are on a mission to help other women achieve financial success and independence. As they describe it, they made it to their 40s with their heads planted firmly in the sand and didn’t have a clue regarding finances, until a few key conversations with friends changed the trajectories of their financial lives. And hopefully, today’s episode will help change the trajectory of yours as well.
A Tufts University Study has clarified that 66% of all COVID-19 hospitalizations are due to just four underlying medical conditions. And all of them are the result of long-term poor diet and lifestyle choices. Today I talk about those four conditions, the four things you can do to stop and start reversing them to reduce your risk.
This past year people’s stress has been off the charts, with devastating consequences: insomnia, decreased immunity, infertility, irritability, emotional eating, weight gain, and depression. Dr. Doni Wilson is a naturopathic doctor, certified professional midwife, and certified nutrition specialist believes it is possible to be healthy, even when we’re stressed. In the process of solving her own problem of suffering from migraines for 25 years, Dr. Doni developed her Stress Recovery Protocol™ which identifies how stress uniquely affects each individual and then uses epigenetics to reoptimize health. Her unique approach helps patients reverse challenging health conditions including fatigue, anxiety, autoimmunity, fertility and recurrent miscarriages, insomnia, as well as HPV infections, and abnormal pap smears.