31. Neural Network and Rewiring Your Brain
Habits are wired into your brain using neural networks. These nerve superhighways—parallel neurons lined up like lanes on a freeway—make your brain incredibly fast. The more you repeat an action, the more neurons your brain wire together and the larger your neural networks become. To create new habits, you must rewire your brain to fire differently. Dr. Neustadt shares the key ingredients you need to accomplish that.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [00:35] How your habits are wired into your brain using neural networking
- [01:51] Neural networks are the underlying infrastructure that creates your habits
- [02:45] “A habit is simply a mental association that kicks in when you’re in a specific situation”
- [03:35] If you have a habit of checking your phone in the morning, simply waking up triggers the urge to grab it
- [06:20] Brain chemicals determine how you feel
- [09:22] Neural networks make tasks so efficient they free the brain up for other things
- [12:14] How to know you’re creating a strong neural network
- [14:32] Neural Networks simply react to immediate ques in the environment and the emotions you’re experiencing
- [16:10] Why living in high stress for a long period of time makes serotonin less powerful
- [17:46] A trigger is anything that creates a change in how you feel
- [18:49] Three things you can do to rewire your brain
- [21:30] It takes time and repetition to rewire your brain and help you reach your goals
Visit our social media for more information
With a focus on improving health while treating the disease, Dr. Nalini Chilkov’s innovative approach to cancer is redefining how doctors treat breast cancer. She’s the Creator of the OutSmart Cancer System and Founder of Integrative Cancer Answers, an online resource for patients and families whose lives have been touched by cancer. She is the author of the best-selling book 32 Ways to OutSmart Cancer: How to Create A Body Where Cancer Cannot Thrive. Dr. Chilkov is an expert in Integrative Cancer Care and Immune Enhancement with more than 35 years of clinical experience.
In this episode, Dr. Neustadt talks about the most common hidden toxins lurking in your kitchen. Some you’re bringing in from the outside by what you’re buying, and others you’re creating by how you’re cooking. Learn what these are, how they’re endangering you and your family, and how to get them out of your kitchen and life for good.
Today’s special guest isn’t on the show because of nepotism, although it doesn’t hurt that she’s my wife and mom to our two kids. She’s here because she’s a powerhouse with a lot to share about how busy working moms can kick ass and still be healthy. She’s figured out how to juggle being a wife, a mom, a professional success, and a healthy human without losing her mind. And she’s on a mission to help other women do it too. Her two books have been huge successes and she’s been featured in Forbes, Fast Company, and Success, and has appeared on Fox Business News and morning shows around the country.