31. Neural Network and Rewiring Your Brain
Habits are wired into your brain using neural networks. These nerve superhighways—parallel neurons lined up like lanes on a freeway—make your brain incredibly fast. The more you repeat an action, the more neurons your brain wire together and the larger your neural networks become. To create new habits, you must rewire your brain to fire differently. Dr. Neustadt shares the key ingredients you need to accomplish that.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [00:35] How your habits are wired into your brain using neural networking
- [01:51] Neural networks are the underlying infrastructure that creates your habits
- [02:45] “A habit is simply a mental association that kicks in when you’re in a specific situation”
- [03:35] If you have a habit of checking your phone in the morning, simply waking up triggers the urge to grab it
- [06:20] Brain chemicals determine how you feel
- [09:22] Neural networks make tasks so efficient they free the brain up for other things
- [12:14] How to know you’re creating a strong neural network
- [14:32] Neural Networks simply react to immediate ques in the environment and the emotions you’re experiencing
- [16:10] Why living in high stress for a long period of time makes serotonin less powerful
- [17:46] A trigger is anything that creates a change in how you feel
- [18:49] Three things you can do to rewire your brain
- [21:30] It takes time and repetition to rewire your brain and help you reach your goals
Visit our social media for more information
Chemicals in the environment disrupt the normal activity of the thyroid, estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. They also deplete vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and neurotransmitters, causing health problems. Without even knowing it, you’re being exposed every day. Dr. Marianne Marchese talks about these chemicals, how they increase the risk for endometriosis, cancer, infertility and other health problems.
What your doctor doesn’t tell you about this disease is likely the most important thing you need to know. The discussions around osteoporosis with healthcare professionals is too often limited to bone mineral density and medications. But more than half of people who start osteoporosis medications discontinue them and a bone density test predicts less than half of people who will break a bone. Today I share with you how I talk to patients. You’ll come away knowing how to expand the conversation with your healthcare provider and what you can do to be in the driver’s seat when it comes to your own health.
If you’re overweight, have high blood pressure or poor blood sugar control you might have metabolic syndrome. This syndrome is the gateway to deadly chronic diseases. Dr. Larson is here to tell you that your fate isn’t sealed and that there’s lots you can do to turn things around. Dr. Larsen holds two medical degrees as both a chiropractor and naturopathic doctor. Today he’ll empower and inspire you to take your health to the next level.