27. Top Foods to Boost Your Immune System
“Tell me what you eat and I will tell you what you are” is as true today as when it was first written in 1925. The foods you choose make all the difference in your mental and physical health, vitality, and longevity. Yet many Americans are choosing foods that create inflammation, heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, osteoporosis, arthritis, diabetes, depression, cancer and that increase their risk of getting and dying from COVID-19. There’s a lot you can do right now to increase your nutrient status, health, and immunity.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [00:32] The food you eat affect both your immune system and physical health
- [01:35] Globally, there are more people overweight then there are going hungry
- [02:30] 90% of Americans are obese, and 10% suffer from diabetes
- [03:03] Omega 6, fatty acids, saturated fats, and trans fats also increase inflammation
- [04:45] Preliminary research shows those suffering from obesity and type 2 diabetes, are increase risk for severe COVID19 symptoms and death
- [05:15] How a diet filled with fruits and vegetables lower the risks for heart disease, diabetes, and other diseases
- [06:20] The importance if polyphenol
- [06:55] Diets high in polyphenol
- [08:35] Fruits and vegetables you should incorporate in your diet
- [11:00] Herbs and spices packed with polyphenol
Resources Talked About in This Episode
- Blog mentioned – Top Foods to Boost Your Immune System
Visit our social media for more information
Since finances are one of life’s major stressors and a common reason for arguments in a marriage, then who better to talk to about juggling finances in the real world than two working moms and entrepreneurs. Amanda Kessler and Lara Ford are on a mission to help other women achieve financial success and independence. As they describe it, they made it to their 40s with their heads planted firmly in the sand and didn’t have a clue regarding finances, until a few key conversations with friends changed the trajectories of their financial lives. And hopefully, today’s episode will help change the trajectory of yours as well.
A Tufts University Study has clarified that 66% of all COVID-19 hospitalizations are due to just four underlying medical conditions. And all of them are the result of long-term poor diet and lifestyle choices. Today I talk about those four conditions, the four things you can do to stop and start reversing them to reduce your risk.
This past year people’s stress has been off the charts, with devastating consequences: insomnia, decreased immunity, infertility, irritability, emotional eating, weight gain, and depression. Dr. Doni Wilson is a naturopathic doctor, certified professional midwife, and certified nutrition specialist believes it is possible to be healthy, even when we’re stressed. In the process of solving her own problem of suffering from migraines for 25 years, Dr. Doni developed her Stress Recovery Protocol™ which identifies how stress uniquely affects each individual and then uses epigenetics to reoptimize health. Her unique approach helps patients reverse challenging health conditions including fatigue, anxiety, autoimmunity, fertility and recurrent miscarriages, insomnia, as well as HPV infections, and abnormal pap smears.