23. Hope for Acute Myeloid Leukemia
When people learn they or a loved one has cancer, one of their first questions is usually about survival. Fortunately, more people are now surviving many cancers that used to be death sentences. However, despite an increase in the ability to diagnose acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and a greater understanding of the disease process, improvements in patient outcomes have not paralleled the increases in basic scientific understanding. Fortunately, more and more studies are evaluating the potential benefits of using nutrients such as MK4 to help promote health in people with AML and other cancers, with excellent results in clinical trials.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:11] What is Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)
- [02:00] How does AML develop
- [03:40] Why mortality rate from AML has not improved over the years
- [08:10] Understanding how conventional medicine treats AML
- [09:30] 20% of AML cases are caused by past cancer treatments
- [11:10] Environmental toxins that are known to cause AML
- [12:35] Symptoms of AML
- [13:50] 3 general categories of AML treatment phases
- [16:05] 20% to 40% of patients do not achieve remission with the standard chemotherapy
- [17:55] All about maintenance therapy
- [18:35] How successful is a conventional approach
- [19:35] What can you do to lower the risks of AML
Resources talked about in this episode
- Blog mentioned – Hope for Acute Myeloid Leukemia: Facts and Options
- Blog mentioned – Vitamin K and Fractures
- Product mentioned – Osteo-K Minis
- NBI Cancer Support Page – Cancer Support
Visit our social media for more information
Since finances are one of life’s major stressors and a common reason for arguments in a marriage, then who better to talk to about juggling finances in the real world than two working moms and entrepreneurs. Amanda Kessler and Lara Ford are on a mission to help other women achieve financial success and independence. As they describe it, they made it to their 40s with their heads planted firmly in the sand and didn’t have a clue regarding finances, until a few key conversations with friends changed the trajectories of their financial lives. And hopefully, today’s episode will help change the trajectory of yours as well.
A Tufts University Study has clarified that 66% of all COVID-19 hospitalizations are due to just four underlying medical conditions. And all of them are the result of long-term poor diet and lifestyle choices. Today I talk about those four conditions, the four things you can do to stop and start reversing them to reduce your risk.
This past year people’s stress has been off the charts, with devastating consequences: insomnia, decreased immunity, infertility, irritability, emotional eating, weight gain, and depression. Dr. Doni Wilson is a naturopathic doctor, certified professional midwife, and certified nutrition specialist believes it is possible to be healthy, even when we’re stressed. In the process of solving her own problem of suffering from migraines for 25 years, Dr. Doni developed her Stress Recovery Protocol™ which identifies how stress uniquely affects each individual and then uses epigenetics to reoptimize health. Her unique approach helps patients reverse challenging health conditions including fatigue, anxiety, autoimmunity, fertility and recurrent miscarriages, insomnia, as well as HPV infections, and abnormal pap smears.